Facebook Upload from Ultimate tonight ceased working, strange message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Upload from Ultimate tonight ceased working, strange message

App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

This is what the Facebook login box from ACDsee Ultimate says tonight when I try to log in. Anyone know what's up? I always upload straight from ACDsee, and i can't see where I gave it permission before or how to again.

Hello,

Unfortunately due to changes made by Facebook the ACDSee FB uploader no longer works. This affects the ACDSee desktop application and ACDSee 365. Will be removing the FB uploader from ACDSee 2019.

Why?

Two problems with the ACDSee Facebook uploader:
    1. ACDSee uses the “user_photos” FB api permission. Can no longer user it.
      1. See: https://developers.facebook.com/apps...497/dashboard/
    2. ACDSee FB login uses the “public_actions” permission and it is being depericated.
      1. See: https://developers.facebook.com/blog...olicy-updates/
    The publish_actions permission will be deprecated. This permission granted apps access to publish posts to Facebook as the logged in user. Apps created from today onwards will not have access to this permission. Apps created before today that have been previously approved to request publish_actions can continue to do so until August 1, 2018. No further apps will be approved to use publish_actions via app review. Developers currently utilizing publish_actions are encouraged to switch to Facebook's Share dialogs for web, iOS and Android.

https://developers.facebook.com/blog...olicy-updates/

We will keep an eye on the FB platform for changes that could allow ACDSee desktop applications and ACDSee 365 to work in the future.

Regards,
    The ACDSee Team

Comment

Hmm i just got it working again, I couldn't find the ACDsee app where i gave it permission or give apps permission when i went at first. I returned to FB after this and I did a search for the app on the Active tab and it showed up as active. I had been uploading daily including yesterday so I did think it was odd it didn't show the first time went. After the search found it, i was able to click show more apps on the active page and it was listed. I then went back to ACDsee Ultimate and logged in to Facebook and it worked. I post this as an FYI for others. If the app looks like it disappeared maybe it will bring it back for them too. I'll see if it will keep working. It does make my life easier to be able to post direct, shame if they take it away. When i did the upload this time I did not tick to keep my logged in, not sure if that made a difference or not.

Facebook is definitely playing with apps posting today though, Strava, which I post to facebook every day from also has an issue and won't post today, the pop up to give permission just flashes and doesn't let me. I suspect it's all part of what you mention so thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll go complain to their developers )
      Last edited by Simplyphotos; 08-01-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X