Problem with actions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with actions

Hi I created an action to add a logo and do a small amount of sharpening and saved it as an action.

It shows up and is working in the Edit area.

But in the develop mode when I go to export an image in the list of things to pick it lets you pick an action but my new action is not added to the list for me to use. So I cannot export with my logo or the sharpening I added.

In fact, none of the new actions I created show up in the list to pick for export.

I shut the program down and restarted to see if they would add it to the list but no go it's still not in the list to pick from.

Am I missing a step to get them to the export list to use?

Thanks

Hi EddieM,

I tried to reproduce your problem but had no success. I would appreciate a few more details to investigate the issue further:
    1) What ACDSee product are you using and the version number?
    2) What did you name the action and in what category?
    3) Does the action show up in your default actions storage location? You can find the location by going to Tools -> Options -> Edit mode -> Recorded Actions Folder. Please go to this folder in explorer and see if you have a file with the name you saved that action.

I have attached a test screenshot with the options.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    ACD Systems

Comment

I am using the new version I just DL today.

You can see the actions here I created a new folder for them in the actions called exports. I am getting yellow on them now maybe due to testing a Nikon Z7 file I was not getting that on other files. And the action works when I run it in Edit mode even on the Z7 file.

Yes they are in the folder screen shot

Comment

Hi EddieM,

We have a couple of theories about what could be causing this issue.

1. When you recorded the Actions, did the image you recorded on have multiple layers before you started? Actions recorded for multi-layer images can't be played on single-layer images, so they won't appear in Develop mode Export.

2. From your screenshot, it looks like you used the Sharpening Adjustment Layer in your Actions. Did you add the adjustment layer after pressing Record? If so, the Action might not work on images without an existing adjustment layer, so again they won't appear in Develop mode Export.

Try re-recording the Action on a single-layer image, and start recording before adding the adjustment layer. If this still doesn't work, please contact customer support, and they can help you further.

Thanks,

Ajay
        ACD Systems

Comment

Ok I made a new one and now it works. Thank you That was it I did have a few layers when I made the first ones.

Comment

Working...
          X