Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACDSee Ultimate 2019 - "...system error and will now close" possible workaround.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Ultimate 2019 - "...system error and will now close" possible workaround.

With the latest update to ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2019 I was being plagued by a "ACDSee Ultimate 2019 has encountered a system error and will now close" bug occuring very soon after starting the application. A total wipe of ACDSee products, including the registry values, and a fresh reinstall had no effect on the error. This was often occuring in these instances moments after starting up and trying to register the product on reinstall. The choice of image startup folder also had no influence. I did find out that I could 'ignore' the error message by selecting the main ACDSee window behind rather than trying to close the error message window.
    On my machine anyway (Windows 10) I've found that the error is due to the facial recognition system running in the background and switching off automated face recognition via options resolved the issue and ACDSee remained stable.
    It's a possible workaround to be investigated by anybody else having the same problem.

I had the same error with Ult2019... tried the same steps... The worse part is that it was intermittent .
    (Side Note: The first thin I did was turn off facial recognition as I did not want to slow things down)

The answer for me was updating the nVidia video drivers (Sept 27, 2018 version)
    No problems since.

Comment

Hi Kiltkat,

As suggested by GusPanella, please try to update your video card driver if it is available. And if you have two video cards, please check drivers for both and update to the latest.

We will also follow up the support ticket that you sent to customer care team.

Thanks
      James
      Customer Care

Comment

Working...
      X