Beginners Guide to Ultimate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners Guide to Ultimate

I hope it is acceptable to post something like this to the forum. I thought that a pdf user guide describing how I use Ultimate would be helpful to those just starting out. It will not suit everybody I am sure but it should help people to get started.
    The guide is attached.
    Dave.
    Attached Files

I really appreciate you posting this useful guide you created! I purchased the Ultimate 2019 Pack, and am about to embark on the process of going through my huge, but unorganized photo collection. I start vacation after work today for 11 days, and hope to begin tackling some of this ongoing project. I have been extremely good about making multiple backups, but organization is the key now. I will be starting with the files and folders on my desktop, and then using the power of ACDSee to categorize, keyword, etc. I understand that I could leave the photos where they exist right now on the hard drive, but I feel it necessary to begin with a clean Windows structure first.

Thanks again for this. I still am thinking about the various ways to categorize and keyword my photos, and want to come up with a fairly reliable and consistent structure. I also want to make sure that when I do use keywords, those keywords go to both the ACDSee proprietary fields, as well as the universal IPTC/EXIF fields so they can be recognized outside of ACDSee if necessary.

Comment

Very generous, Dave- and very well done, too. I use Professional myself, rather than Ultimate, but many aspects of your guide transfer across nicely.

Comment

Thankyou both for your replies, pleased it will be useful, and a Merry Christmas.
        Dave.

Comment

Very nice guide!

Comment

Working...
          X