Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed with error 21... Anyone?

Hi,
    I can't make any use of Video Recorder at all.
    As I launch it i get the "failer with error 21" message. I then close the warning window and the software seems to work properly, it lets me set all the settings and start a video recording session. Problem is, it does not really save any file at the end of it.
    I choose the location and filename, hit the save button, but then there is no file anyway.

Please help me, I have been experiencing this since I installed the software and I can't make any use of it! Please!
    Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using our software.
    I remember you are on a Surface Pro 4 with a 1080p external monitor connected to it. Can you please provide more information about the active webcam or microphone you are using for the video recording session?

Thanks
    Aj
    ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I don't have any webcam or microphone connected, just the internal ones on the Surface Pro 4.

Comment

I have news!
        Seems like it's working now.
        I disconnected the Surface HUB (which lets me connect external monitors and usb drives) and tried to start Video Recorder. I got a different kind of error message, asking me to change the Temporary Storage Folder from Tools-Options. I don't know how, but it was set on D:\something but I don't have any drive called D.
        Anyway, I changed the temporary storage folder to C:\ and now it works!!!
        I reconnected the Surface HUB and it still works even on the external monitor.

One strange thing happened though: I lost all of my files on the desktop. The folders within the desktop folder are still there with their content, but I've lost the spare files and the links I had on the desktop. I don't know how and if this is related to Video Recorder.

Anyway, the software is working now so the problem seems solved. I will update this message in the next days.
        ​Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X