mp4 videos created with ACDSee Video studio 3 doesn't work in Google Chrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp4 videos created with ACDSee Video studio 3 doesn't work in Google Chrome

I'm a web designer and depended on that videos (mp4) created with Acdsee Video Studio 3 or Video converter pro 5 will work in all internet browsers. As it is now they work in most browsers eccept for one of the most common "Google Chrome" ??
    As it is now I have downloaded a free video converter that fix this... But it's stupid to have to workarround via a free software when I have both Video Studio and Video converter?
    Are there some special settings that I am missing? Or it just doesn't work?

Hi EcuaDrive,

Video Studio 3 output videos are expected to work with different web browsers and media players. I tried to replicate the problem by producing an MP4 video and opening it in Google Chrome on multiple different machines, it works fine without any issues. In order to figure out what's causing the playback problem on your machine, I would appreciate more details about the video you produced. Please provide the following information:
    1. Output production settings of the MP4 video (as shown in production assistant).
    2. The version of Google Chrome.
    3. How did you embed the video in the browser? HTML video tag?

Thanks,
    Ajay
    ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by ajayk View Post
      Hi EcuaDrive,

Video Studio 3 output videos are expected to work with different web browsers and media players. I tried to replicate the problem by producing an MP4 video and opening it in Google Chrome on multiple different machines, it works fine without any issues. In order to figure out what's causing the playback problem on your machine, I would appreciate more details about the video you produced. Please provide the following information:
      1. Output production settings of the MP4 video (as shown in production assistant).
      2. The version of Google Chrome.
      3. How did you embed the video in the browser? HTML video tag?

Thanks,
      Ajay
      ACD Systems

Hi ajayk, thanks for the answer.
      1. Format: MP4, Codec: MPEG4, Size: 720x480, Bitrate: Medium (10000 kbps), Frame rate: 29,97 fps, Audio parameters: Codec: MP3, Sample rate: 48000 Hz, Channel 2(stereo), Bitrate: 128 kbps.
      2. Previewing project in: Version 69.0.3497.100 (Officiell version) (64 bitar)
      3. I do not embedd the video in the browser. It's embedded as is in editing software with html5

But note: I have muted the sound in the editor, so that the video can be autoplayed in the browser.

Comment

Hi EcuaDrive,

Thank you for the reply. I copied the settings specified by you and produced an MP4 video, the video did not play when opened with Google Chrome on one machine but worked fine on the other. The chrome version was same as yours on both machines, so I need more information to investigate further.
        1. What Windows operating system are you using?
        2. Have you tried right clicking on the output video file -> open with google chrome? Does it play with Chrome using this technique?
        3. What html5 editing software did you use?

Thanks,
        Ajay
        ACD Systems

Comment

Hi Ajay.
          1. Using latest Windows 10. But is not important because the video shall work in both new and old.
          2. This is not either important because the video shall auto play.
          3. I'm using Wysiwyg Web Builder 14

Saludos
          Thomas
          Chévere Media Production

Comment

Hi EcuaDrive,

Thank you for the details. Can you please try using "AAC" instead of "MP3" in the detailed settings and render it again? Keep every setting same as you mentioned above, only change the audio codec value to AAC and try again. Please let me know if this fixes the playback issue with Chrome.

Thanks
            Ajay
            ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by ajayk View Post
              Hi EcuaDrive,

Thank you for the details. Can you please try using "AAC" instead of "MP3" in the detailed settings and render it again? Keep every setting same as you mentioned above, only change the audio codec value to AAC and try again. Please let me know if this fixes the playback issue with Chrome.

Thanks
              Ajay
              ACD Systems

Thanks for the reply... I have tested both settings before without success. In the converting software I use now, both AAC and MP3 works ?

Comment

Working...
              X