From ACDSee 14 to ACDSee 18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From ACDSee 14 to ACDSee 18

When browsing items within a Category (in Files Pane) in ACDsee 14 you could right click on an item and a drop down menu with many options specific to ACDsee would appear. The list presented with the right click is very different in ACDsee 18, seems to be the standard for Windows operations. which is no too useful within ACDsee. I used the option of "GO TO FILE" all the time....it is what made browsing by Category and then going directly to source so valuable.
    I have not been able to find a "Go To File" option anywhere in 18, let alone one attached to an individual item. So now searching a data base of 69,000+ items in hopes of finding something I like and then getting to the rest of the items in the folder is not nearly so attractive.
    This will be the missing functionality that will drive me back to 14.
    I hope someone can tell me that I have "just missed" this option somewhere!!!!

I think you just missed it!

I created a category called grandchildren, added a few photos to it and pulled up the Grandchildren category in the Catalog when I R-Click on a photo, the drop down menu clearly displays ACDSee specific options and clearly includes "Go To File". See attached screen print.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-21_10-56-08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	29213

Comment

If I have missed it I would be so happy but truly mine does not give me the same drop down menu yours does.....yours is as I would expect.

I have a print screen but it is too large to send. If you would tell how to make it an acceptable size I would attach and we could go from there.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Comment

here is a screen shot I get the same drop down no matter what file type...jpg...png....psd

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACDSee print screen 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	29217

Comment

It has been solved....Under Tools/Options/File List/Uncheck Use Windows Shell.....Nice simple fix, always easier to fix me than the system!!!!

Thanks very much for your input, I really appreciated not feeling like I was all alone in this.

Comment

Originally posted by baronpg View Post
            If I have missed it I would be so happy but truly mine does not give me the same drop down menu yours does.....yours is as I would expect.

I have a print screen but it is too large to send. If you would tell how to make it an acceptable size I would attach and we could go from there.

Thanks for trying to help me.

In the past, when I need to resize a screen print, I just use ACDSee to resize the image like I would any other image file.

Because I'm a blogger,I spent some money to buy "Snaggit" for quick and easy screen capture (both still and video). It's kind of pricey for casual use, but It comes with its own editor to allow for adding arrows and annotation, and the like, though it is weak for traditional video editing. In fact for video editing, aside from simple notation and trimming the length of the video. it is inadequate.. I like Snaggit very much otherwise though. (I've always found the still screen capture in ACDSee to be a bit awkward for me)

I recently bought ACDSee Video Studio to do the sort of "traditional" digital video editing most people want to do, and was surprised to discover that it can do the same sort of video screen capture that Snaggit does. I prefer Snaggit for video screen capture, though if I had purchased Video Studio first, I might have been quite happy with it and might never have tried Snaggit. Snaggit's built in still/video editor is not as good as ACDSee Video Studio for video editing. Visual Studio is the right level of compromise between ease of use and editing options for me. The only thing I wish it did was create slide shows in a video format. ACDSee's old fashioned .exe type slideshow is outdated in a world where the smartphone is the most common computer on the planet.

Comment

Working...
            X