reducing photo file size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reducing photo file size

I'd like to reduce the file size of some jpg photos to below 50kb so I can post the photos on some sites. How or can I do this with ACDsee 17?

In Manage Mode, select one or more images. Then, click: Tools > Batch > Resize.

Comment

Hey thanks that's where that function was!

Comment

I need to reduce the photo file size to less than 50mb, and using the Tools Batch Resize, modifying the jpg, I can't seem to get them down to below 50mb. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Change the Jpeg options to a lower quality setting for a smaller file size.

On the Batch Resize Images dialogue -- lower-left -- click Options.
          On the next dialogue, click: Jpeg Compression Options.
          Move the slider to the left to reduce the output file size. Experiment until you find the size you want.

Comment

50kb or 50mb? 50mb is enormous. 50kb is tiny. If you have a larger picture and you want to get it that small, you'll need to choose smaller dimensions and/or lower JPEG quality. It's simple math. You either need fewer pixels, or you need to save them at lower quality, or some combination of both.

Comment

Right, I meant 50 kb, I know better. But even selecting a downsize to 400 x 300 and 10 on the jpg quality, I'm not getting down to 50 kb. Any smaller than that, it's hardly worth posting. I'll keep trying.

Comment

I have a backup computer running XP and ACDsee 7, with it I can easily get photos file sizes down below 50kb. Couldn't get them that small with 7 and ACDsee 17. So I can do what I need to do.

Comment

Is there a particular image you are having trouble with? I just took an 1800x1200 pixel image, used Batch / Resize to scale it down to 400x250, and with a JPEG quality setting of 50, it was 26K,

Comment

Try using 7zip.....

http://net-informations.com/q/mis/7zip.html

Throt

Comment

Originally posted by vyarthrot View Post
                      it was my impression that the OP was not trying to compress a photo, so much as to make the photo physically smaller dimensionally.

Comment

To reduce the file size but not the picture size with ACDSee Ultimate 10.
                        Resize won't work unless you change the picture size, so use Convert File Format instead.

Select your photo(s)
                        Select Tools, Batch, Convert File Format...
                        Select the same filetype as your photo eg jpg, then select Format Settings...
                        Move the slider for Image quality from Best quality towards Best compression eg from 90 to 50 percent
                        Then OK, Next, (select save options), Next, Start Convert

For me this reduced the file size to around 25% of the original and the quality still looked ok.

Comment

Working...
                        X