Sort by Custom Order Grayed Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort by Custom Order Grayed Out

I am using ACD for Pentax V5.1.0.0001 (shipped with my camera) and it works well, except that when I try to create a slide show in a new folder and do a custom sort, the option to Sort by Custom Order is grayed out. I have one folder where it is available, however I am not aware of any difference in its properties vs. the other folders. One post suggested looking at grouping, however I do not have that as an option, or at least I can't find that option anywhere. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Tony - Can you confirm exactly which version of ACDSee you are using? Click Help > About, and locate a date if possible. I ask that because your post would suggest that you are using ACDSee version 5.1 from 2003. Is that right?

Comment

I don't think you can do a custom sort for a folder excluded from your database. Make sure the folder is included.

Comment

Thanks for the posts, LV_Bill and pdefeo. I am using V5.1.0.0001 and the copyright is 2003 ACD Systems Ltd. As far as I can tell, all of my folders are in the database. However, I did some more testing and I discovered that if I am in a folder where the Sort by Custom Order is grayed out, I can drag one picture to another location in the folder and that enables Sort by Custom Order. Although I am not sure why this seems to work, it is a decent workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
          However, I did some more testing and I discovered that if I am in a folder where the Sort by Custom Order is grayed out, I can drag one picture to another location in the folder and that enables Sort by Custom Order.
          The menu entry is meant to switch to an existing custom sort, not to enable custom sorting. If there is no custom sort, than in of course can't be enabled.

Comment

OK, I think that I now understand that the custom sort has to be first done in the folder in order to have the By Custom Order option available on the menu (not grayed out). The reason that the other sorts By Name, By Date, etc. are available to choose is that they are already enabled by default. Thanks for the clarification, Emil.

Comment

Working...
            X