FEATUREs request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEATUREs request

I did not find any dedicated special topic to discuss/launch feature request (sorry if I missed).
    While ACDSee Pro (I am using this) is a very feature rich and excellent product, I am missing two features which might be important also for a lot of other users:
    1. Missing scanner support of the 64-bit versions. I think it is a critical point!
    2. Ability to print the date of photo embedded, not like a caption. The requirements are simple here: a.) choice of the font size and color, b.) positioning of date on picture.
    Would be nice to see both, even in version 10.0 (Pro and Ultimate). Maybe scanner support is a bit complicated, so at least in the coming 11.0.

1. Scanner support for 64Bit version has been dropped several years ago. I never missed it.
    2: The batch edit dialogue (CTRL-ALT-B) already allows this (at least for Pro and Ultimate).

Comment

Although a bit of a work around for what you are looking for.... I have the software that came with the scanner post the resulting file to a directory that ACDSee indexes.

​Emil, thanks for the CNT-ALT-B tip, I did not know that feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post
        1. Scanner support for 64Bit version has been dropped several years ago. I never missed it.
        2: The batch edit dialogue (CTRL-ALT-B) already allows this (at least for Pro and Ultimate).
        1. I believe you never missed, but it does not mean thousand of other user are not missing. So I think it is not a good argument or reply.
        2. I know batch edit, but to print the date this way is very complicated and cumbersome. What I am looking for is the function what "Easy Photo Print" a very simple photo printer application knows already for a decade. The greatest point is simplicity and user friendliness. You just push a button and the date appears on the given position and size.

Comment

Any comment/reply/promise from ACDSee team.... ?

Comment

Hello,

64 bit scanner support will be in the next release which is scheduled for Sept 2017. Thank you for the print feedback, I'll add that to the backlog for future consideration.

Regards,
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
              Hello,

64 bit scanner support will be in the next release which is scheduled for Sept 2017. Thank you for the print feedback, I'll add that to the backlog for future consideration.

Regards,
              Mark

I never really MISSED scanner support, I rarely use my scanner, but like the scanner itself, I have to admit, I do like having it available!

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
                Hello,

Regards,
                Mark
                Thank you Mark for the great news! I'll be among first ones who will upgrade.
                And maybe do you know how my second request could be forwarded to developers for consideration? (I mean the easy date printing as I described above, as it is in '"Easy Photo Print software")

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post

Vuescan is an awesome scanner software. The pro version allows you to add stacks of documents (photos) into the feed tray and scan them all to whatever you may want
                  THANKS FOR (CTRL-ALT-B) - I learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                  X