Edit with Plugin not triggering Save as dialog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit with Plugin not triggering Save as dialog

In the new Photo Studio if you go into Edit and then a Plugin (I have Portrait Pro and all the NIK plugins) and make your adjustments then leave the plugin then hit Done ACDsee does not recognise that you made any changes and just jettisons the changes to the RAW file returning you to the pre edited version. I don't think this used to be the case in older versions.

Can others confirm they have the same experience? Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I am getting the same thing using a Topaz plugin. If all I do is run the plugin and make changes and click Done, there is no warning about saving it and the change is lost. I tried the same v10 and it did ask about saving the edit.

Comment

Good. Glad I'm not crazy!

Comment

You can add me to the list as well.

Comment

Hi, unfortunately this bug is newly introduced in ACDSee UItimate 2018 (Professional edition as well). The current workaround is to click Save | Save As or Save a Copy. If you do any more edits/adjustments than the Photoshop Plug-in edit, the bug can be avoided and the Done button would work as well. We are still investigating and will post an update on this issue soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Comment

Thanks for this. It is incredibly hard to always remember and also, after making the changes in a plugin Save is not available so you have to Save As or Save a Copy which leaves you with two versions one of which has to be deleted. I would class this as a pretty important fix. Any kind of a timeline on getting it fixed? Since it used to work it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult one.

Comment

One more big bug which has just lost me at least 3 images. From Manage Mode I go External Editors, Silver Efex, I do my changes, I go Save As because I know it won't save the changes unless I do, and it always chooses, instead of the name fo the file as was but rather the folder name. This has caused me to overwrite at least 3 images before I noticed. This REALLY needs fixing, I have to say!

Comment

Working...
                X