Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie - How can I copy keywords to IPTC fields in multiple images at a time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - How can I copy keywords to IPTC fields in multiple images at a time.

I have recently purchased ACDSee to enable me to apply searchable criteria to pictures using IPTC data.

I have applied a set of keywords in the keyword box on the tab marked 'Organize'. I am able to apply any number of keywords to any number of pictures selected.

I am trying to copy these keywords to the IPTC section of the tab marked 'Metadata' so that data is inserted into the image to make it searchable.

On a previous post to the forum, I found the following
    Code:
    *,<ACDSee Metadata:Categories>,<ACDSee Metadata:Keywords>
    which I am able to insert into Keywords section of the IPTC data section. When I press the apply or hit return the code is converted into the keywords I require.

At the moment I am only able to do this for one picture at a time. If I select more than one picture the IPTC section disappears, leaving only the sections for EXIF & ACDSee Metadata.

Is there anyway I can do this more efficiently, as I have quite a few pictures to go through.

Thanks in advance for any help that might be forthcoming.

Originally posted by bunglesmate View Post
    If I select more than one picture the IPTC section disappears, leaving only the sections for EXIF & ACDSee Metadata.
    AC will show IPTC and EXIF sections only for file types that support them. The question is what file type does support EXIF but not IPTC. What's your file type and what version of AC do you have?

Comment

Hello there, Thanks for the reply.

I have a variety of file formats, including CR2 & JPG. I can edit these files individually just not as a collection.

I have
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ACDSee version 2018-01-16_140717.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	45577

Any help?

Regards.
      Last edited by bunglesmate; 01-16-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Does this depend on the version number of ACDSee I have purchased?

Comment

So far I have had to do this image by image........

Comment

The Standard variants of AC don't have this feature. It's included with Pro and Ultimate only.

Comment

Working...
            X