Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workflow question for noob coming from Picasa: how to best "cull" photos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow question for noob coming from Picasa: how to best "cull" photos?

Hi all - I'm trying to migrate off Picasa which I have always used as an organizer. So far I think that ACDSee will more than meet my needs.

However I am trying to understand specifically how to use ACDSee in my workflow to cull photos. In Picasa, it is easy to review your photos full-screen, go from photo to photo with the forward-arrow, and "star" photos with the spacebar. This makes it really really easy to review 5 shots of the same thing and star the one you want to keep (or delete). Then you can review your deletions and cull them out.

I can't find any good way to perform this workflow step of "culling" in ACDSee. The keyboard can be used to go from photo to photo in View mode, but I can find no way to use the keyboard to group the ones I want to keep / delete. There is a checkbox on the thumbnail, but I must use my mouse to check the box; moreover I can find nothing in the docs about how to use the checkbox once I've checked a bunch of photos.

I'm sure this is just a growing pain, and that there's a way to use the tool to do what I want. Can anyone help me out? How do you use ACDSee to quickly review all your shots and keep only the best ones?

I'm also quite new to ACDSee but hopefully can help out.

In View mode you can tag images (same as the check box you mention I think) by pressing "" (backslash key). Back in Manage mode you can Select Tagged (drop-down at the top of the thumbnails tab) then delete. I beleive you can also configure keyboard actions to do different functions, but I haven't tried that yet.

There's discussion about this from users a lot more experienced than me in the ACDSee Ultimate forum http://forum.acdsee.com/forum/main-c...requests/page2

Comment

Working...
    X