Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've FINALLY created my first video tutorial . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I've FINALLY created my first video tutorial . . .

    On interpreting and using the histogram found in ACDSee software. It's the sort of more practical information that I wish I had early on, than it is the boring techy stuff that makes my eyes glaze over.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXNr...ature=youtu.be

    It's 20 milliseconds less than 10 minutes long.

    It was much harder to do than I thought, so it might be a little rough in spots (no, I KNOW it's rough in spots!), but it's not so rough that I don't think that I can't get better with the next one! At any rate, it will give you an idea of where I am trying to go with video tutorials.

    As always I sincerely hope you will point out any errors or omissions I might have made in trying to simplify the information presented. It's not as easy to fix an error with a video as it is a text article, but I will try to fix what I can.

    Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about my elderly, drunk, pompous, yet, teen-aged voice. I know its odd, but it's all I got!

  • #2
    WOW. Well done! Are you sure you were a DBA in a previous life and not a professor? I gave the video a you-tube thumbs up! Your video is also valuable to any camera user as it is easier to evaluate exposure using a histogram than those mini camera displays.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
      WOW. Well done! Are you sure you were a DBA in a previous life and not a professor? I gave the video a you-tube thumbs up! Your video is also valuable to any camera user as it is easier to evaluate exposure using a histogram than those mini camera displays.

      Thanks for the kind words, Gus!

      Comment


      • #4
        !!!

        You know that with this being Part 2, you've started a series, don't you?

        Comment


        • #5
          Excellent!! That's a great tutorial Glen, very informative and very easy to watch and understand. I look forward to future ones, but I'm well aware that there must be a huge amount of effort goes in to something like that - don't neglect enjoyment of your own photography.

          I'm fairly new to ACDSee and RAW processing in general but I've learned a lot from your regular blog tutorials. This is a step up from those. While the ACDSee manual is pretty good at telling you what the package is capable of and how to do it, it doesn't give much guidance on when or why you would want to use the different tools. That's where your tutorials come in and do a great job.

          One thing that still confuses me a bit is the interaction between the General tab controls, Light EQ and Tone Curves. I think I understand what they do individually but not in combination. Do they complement each other, fight each other, or do the same thing in different ways??? (Probably all of those if used correctly or incorrectly I guess!)


          Thanks again for all your efforts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dave Hall View Post
            Excellent!! That's a great tutorial Glen, very informative and very easy to watch and understand. I look forward to future ones, but I'm well aware that there must be a huge amount of effort goes in to something like that - don't neglect enjoyment of your own photography.
            Wow! Thanks!
            Last edited by Glen Barrington; 03-30-2017, 02:17 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DaveT View Post
              !!!

              You know that with this being Part 2, you've started a series, don't you?

              I think I'd like to do a series, maybe start a real YouTube channel eventually. The thing is, I want to do the stuff that interests me, not the stuff that will grab subscribers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Very well presented Glen! You are easy to follow, informative and on point for the duration! I enjoyed how you were able to make a challenging subject for some much more easily understood! Look forward to your next tutorial.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Peggy! Kind words are always appreciated.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Very nice job!!! Adam should be worried about his video tutorial future.
                    Looking forward to your next. Local adjustment would be a interesting topic for most.

                    Regard
                    Mike

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Glen Barrington View Post


                      I think I'd like to do a series, maybe start a real YouTube channel eventually. The thing is, I want to do the stuff that interests me, not the stuff that will grab subscribers.
                      ​Having learned a bit through the forums and your blog/website, my guess is the stuff that interests you will also interest others.... combine that with your style, it may be tough to avoid subscribers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks guys! I've already spotted one factual error, (a factual error in that the fact is correct, but in the wrong location, ARRGH!). Adam's job is safe for quite a while, I suspect.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X