Chronic crash...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic crash...

I think that the programmers should ensure the stability of the soft, as a priority. Acdsee too often crashes, without any apparent reason; this condition has become a chronic disease. Yet, Acdsee is not exactly a rookie...

Alaric (French)

Have the same issues hopefully sorted in next release age hopefully get proper performance out of my 1070

Comment

Let's hope the next incarceration cures this. Not too stable at the moment.

Comment

Hello,

Customers experiencing crashes or other stability concerns with ACDSee, are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?

Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,
        Mark

Comment

For my part, Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
          i7 6700k;
          Msi Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4 GO;
          Ram = 32GO;
          SSD.

Alaric (French)

Comment

As I start to try using Ultimate 10 more for compositing, I'm seeing crashes when I save and exit generally when I have six or more layers.
            Mixed bag so far on whether the changes are saved. It's making me reconsider use of ACDSee since I want to do more and more compositing (and because the ACDSee features don't seem there even for the basic stuff I'm trying to do).

Windows 10, 64 bit

Comment

I'm experiencing sporadic crashes in the 64-bit version of Pro 2018

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
                Customers experiencing crashes or other stability concerns with ACDSee, are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?
                Your post implies that you precisely know about the memory leaks in AC. It's not the 32bit architecture that's buggy, it's AC that overflows buffers and stacks. I've never seen a 32bit version of AC that would catalogue more than 25,000 item in one run.

Comment

I experienced frequent crashes in ACDSee 21 (Photo Studio Standard 2018) when switching between Photos, View and Manage. In such case my Windows Event Viewer showed:
                  Faulting application name: ACDSeeStandard2018.exe, version: 21.0.0.725, time stamp: 0x59cc1e99
                  Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0xadaa6ed6
                  Exception code: 0xc000041d

Turned out to be a database corruption issue. I could solve it with Tools > Database > Optimize database. Just check "Optimize the database tables and fields" and "Remove orphans from the database" and run the optimizer. After that: no more crashes.

Comment

Working...
                  X