Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACDSee Mobile Sync has stopped working...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Mobile Sync has stopped working...

Is anyone else having problems with mobile sync? It has worked fine for me for months, but all of a sudden it's stopped working in the past two weeks. It says "no target found", and if I choose to reconfigure the connection, it doesn't list any target devices. ACDSee is running in the toolbar, and I only have one wifi network in my house.

Any thoughts? I uninstalled and re-installed ACDSee mobile sync on my Samsung phone, but it's still doing the same thing. Very strange.

Hi, there are a few things we can check:
    1.) Do you have Boujour installed? You can check it in your Apps & Features. Boujour is required to establish a connection between your phone and PC. If you don't have Boujour installed, perhaps try reinstalling ACDSee on your PC.

2.) On your android phone, go to Settings | Apps | ACDSee Mobile Sync | Permission, click more settings or ... at the top right corner, select All Permissions. Do you see Full Network Access listed for your ACDSee Mobile Sync app? (Every android version may be a little different, you may need to navigate on your own)

3.) If it used to work, perhaps try reboot your router (unplug and plug it in again) and see if the mobile sync app and acdsee can talk to each other now.

Ben
    ACD Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_H View Post
      Hi, there are a few things we can check:
      1.) Do you have Boujour installed? You can check it in your Apps & Features. Boujour is required to establish a connection between your phone and PC. If you don't have Boujour installed, perhaps try reinstalling ACDSee on your PC.

2.) On your android phone, go to Settings | Apps | ACDSee Mobile Sync | Permission, click more settings or ... at the top right corner, select All Permissions. Do you see Full Network Access listed for your ACDSee Mobile Sync app? (Every android version may be a little different, you may need to navigate on your own)

3.) If it used to work, perhaps try reboot your router (unplug and plug it in again) and see if the mobile sync app and acdsee can talk to each other now.

Ben
      ACD Systems
      Hmmm...I didn't know it used Bonjour to connect. It's possible that I may have turned auto-start off on that service. Thanks!

Bingo! I had set the Bonjour service to "Manual Start". Might want to document that it used Bonjour. Appreciate it!
      Last edited by Grimper; 02-21-2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I am having the same problem. It was working for awhile, now it doesn't. Actually it doesn't even show a target (did before). I've tried restarting both ACDSee and the Iphone, can't get anything. I have Bonjour on my home computer. Thanks.

Comment

Hi BeckyP,

1.) If you have Boujour running on your home computer, please make sure your iphone and home computer are on the same WIFI network and same frequency (certain router may have 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz).

2.) Is ACDSeeCommander21.exe running in the background? (If you have Pro or Ultimate edition of ACDSee, the filename would be different. Please check in your task manager | Details). Mobile Sync must have ACDSeeCommander21 running to sync files from phones to PC.

3.) Have you tried reinstalling ACDSee?

4.) Which version of ACDSee are you currently running?

5.) If it used to work, perhaps try reboot your router (unplug and plug it in again) and see if the mobile sync app and acdsee can talk to each other now.

Thanks,

Ben
          ACD Systems.

Comment

Hey Ben- You've lost me. I don't know where you're referring to (task manager/details, etc) In the ACDSee program? I just had my whole computer reinstalled after a crash last week, so I know ACDSee has been reinstalled a few days ago.. Same with the reboot. I plugged my phone into the home computer with a cable to make sure they were on the same WIFI, since computer is hard wired into router. Now a new problem- the Mobile Sync app does not show any target - this happened yesterday. no matter what I do, nothing changes. Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi BeckyP,
              1.) You can access the Task Manager by right click on the Windows Taskbar, then sekect Task Manager, then click on the Details tab.

2.) Connecting your iPhone with a cable does not mean it is on the same WIFI network. I would make sure your iPhone is not connected to a PC with a cable. From your iPhone, make sure you enable your WIFI and connect to the internet via WIFI, not with your cellular data. If your PC and wireless WIFI are on the same network, you should see a target. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

If that still did not resolve the issue, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Care. http://www.acdsystems.com/en/support/form

Thank you.

Ben
              ACD Systems.

Comment

Go to windows tray. Left click the photo studio icon. Select "Start ACDsee Mobile Sync"

Comment

Working...
                X