Searching for files and directories not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for files and directories not working

Using Photo Studio Ultimate 11 on Windows 10, the quick search and search pane do not find the folder I'm looking for. I recently took my kid to the Great Wolf lodge. I have a folder named Great_Wolf_Lodge which contains the photos, with a hierarchy like:

2018 -> Vacations - Great_Wolf_Lodge

So in the Search pane I have:

Search for files and folders named: Great_Wolf* (Tried with and without wild cards)
    In any of the following folders: Z:\Family_Media\2018

So I would expect this to find Great_Wolf_Lodge, but it does not return any results. The quick search doesn't return any results either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

A Citation from the help file: When ACDSee searches file names, it only considers the first term in the file name. For example, a file called Cat_Dog would be found by searching for Cat, but not for Dog. Search terms are not case-sensitive.

So if your file or folder name is "Vacations - Great_Wolf_Lodge" it would find "Vacations", but not "Great".
    Afaik this also applies to any other meta data like categories, EXIF or IPTC.
    I suggest to add the keywords "Vacation", "Great Wolf Lodge", "Wolf" and "Lodge" to the catalogued items.

Tip: To read more options of the search facilities in AC, search for "cat" in the help file.
    Last edited by Emil; 06-22-2018, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil View Post
      A Citation from the help file: When ACDSee searches file names, it only considers the first term in the file name. For example, a file called Cat_Dog would be found by searching for Cat, but not for Dog. Search terms are not case-sensitive.

So if your file or folder name is "Vacations - Great_Wolf_Lodge" it would find "Vacations", but not "Great".
      Afaik this also applies to any other meta data like categories, EXIF or IPTC.
      I suggest to add the keywords "Vacation", "Great Wolf Lodge", "Wolf" and "Lodge" to the catalogued items.

Tip: To read more options of the search facilities in AC, search for "cat" in the help file.

Okay, I figured out the problem; In the search pane, next to the "Search for files or folders named:" drop down list box, there is a "right arrow" button. If you click this right arrow button, there is one option with a checkbox: "Images only". I had this checked, so my searches were NOT finding directories, and other items. After unchecking this, searches worked as expected.

Comment

Working...
      X