Video tutorials not available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video tutorials not available

Says something about the YouTube channel not being available.

Any idea when they will be back up, please?

Thanks.

Hi bladerrunner6,

Due to an unforeseen error between ACD Systems and Google, the ACDSee YouTube channel is currently unavailable.

We’re working with Google to restore the service. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.

James W
    Customer Care Team

Comment

Originally posted by James W- View Post
      Due to an unforeseen error between ACD Systems and Google, the ACDSee YouTube channel is currently unavailable.
      Let me guess - automatically reported breach of ACD Systems copyrights?
      :/

Comment

Any update on this? 2 of my 3 weeks with a trial and the limited training is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by dbvirago View Post
          Any update on this? 2 of my 3 weeks with a trial and the limited training is missing.
          As a new person evaluating ACDSee I sure would like to see more responsive replies here on these forums from ACDSee or the forum moderator. - - It's as though people don't have the time or interest in replying to important questions...that seems a bit odd to me.

Btw, DBVirago, you can get your evaluation of the software extended since you are unable to view the tutorials to gain an understanding of how the software works. I hope this helps you some.

Comment

Yeah, I may do that, or I may wait and see how some of this turns out. I like the product, either as a DAM or a full-fledged processing product, I'm not sure of. As a DAM it works great, but I haven't gotten great results from processing. I'm sure a lot of that is my lack of knowledge about the product. So, I'd like to stick it out but support does seem sparse, and the bit of tutorials I did watch were not very well produced.

Comment

Does ACDSee have an "official time estimate" of when consumers will be able to access the video tutorials??? It's been almost 3 weeks since the video tutorials have disappeared. - - I'm thinking of moving on to another product if it's going to take weeks or months to learn how to use ACDSee. - This is such a basic need, one would think ACDSee would be more responsive to this issue on this forum.

Comment

Hello,

I have good news -- the new ACDSee YouTube channel is up & running. Please check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUt...m2gYN5tIWbHokQ

Will be adding more content over the next week or so.

Regards,
                Mark

Comment

Thank you! Looking forward to new content.

Comment

Hi Mark or any other admin,

Can you please post the steps for face swap, or direct me to where I can find them in one of your PDFs? I found the video tutorial incredibly helpful and now of course it’s gone. I’ve wasted so much time trying to find this info and where I previously loved your program now I’m considering bailing ship. Reaching my end of life here with ACDSee.

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
                    Hello,

I have good news -- the new ACDSee YouTube channel is up & running. Please check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUt...m2gYN5tIWbHokQ

Will be adding more content over the next week or so.

Regards,
                    Mark

Comment

Hi McKyla,

I'm not sure I understand what a face swap is. Are you trying to correct faces that were automatically assigned an incorrect name? If so, here is the procedure:

If you notice a lot of incorrect names, one thing you can do is to use the Remove Faces and Redetect Faces commands in Manage mode:
                      1. Select all the photos you can find that have incorrect names. I've found that searching each name and adding images to the Image Basket is a good way to do this.
                      2. In the Tools menu, select Remove Faces to remove all faces and names from the selected images.
                      3. Again in the Tools menu, select Redetect Faces to run Face Detection & Recognition on the selected images again.
                      As long as you have a few correctly-named examples of each face in unselected images, this process should remove the incorrect names and rename the faces correctly. If you still find that this process leaves you with incorrect names, you may have missed some incorrect names, or you may need a few more correct examples.

We recommend that you manually name several examples of each person in your photo library to give Facial Recognition a place to start from.

Please let me know if this answered your question, or if you wanted to do something else instead.

Thanks,
                      Tristan H.
                      ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks Tristan. What I am trying to do is replace one face with another in edit mode using layers. ACDSee had a great tutorial on YouTube that I used but of course it’s not available anymore. Please see the screenshot for the video I am talking about. Any help outlining the steps that were used in the video would be most appreciated. I would have written down the steps if I had known the video would be taken down. Thanks so much.

Originally posted by Tristan H View Post
                        Hi McKyla,

I'm not sure I understand what a face swap is. Are you trying to correct faces that were automatically assigned an incorrect name? If so, here is the procedure:

If you notice a lot of incorrect names, one thing you can do is to use the Remove Faces and Redetect Faces commands in Manage mode:
                        1. Select all the photos you can find that have incorrect names. I've found that searching each name and adding images to the Image Basket is a good way to do this.
                        2. In the Tools menu, select Remove Faces to remove all faces and names from the selected images.
                        3. Again in the Tools menu, select Redetect Faces to run Face Detection & Recognition on the selected images again.
                        As long as you have a few correctly-named examples of each face in unselected images, this process should remove the incorrect names and rename the faces correctly. If you still find that this process leaves you with incorrect names, you may have missed some incorrect names, or you may need a few more correct examples.

We recommend that you manually name several examples of each person in your photo library to give Facial Recognition a place to start from.

Please let me know if this answered your question, or if you wanted to do something else instead.

Thanks,
                        Tristan H.
                        ACD Systems

Comment

Hello McKyla,

Sorry we are still in the process of restoring all the videos on our youtube channel. I found the face swap video for you, the video is not public yet, but you should be able to view it using the link below:

https://youtu.be/WWED2XH9Pnc

Regards,
                          Shakil H.
                          ACD Systems

Comment

Thank you sooooo much!! Truly appreciated!!
                            Originally posted by S.hussain View Post
                            Hello McKyla,

Sorry we are still in the process of restoring all the videos on our youtube channel. I found the face swap video for you, the video is not public yet, but you should be able to view it using the link below:

https://youtu.be/WWED2XH9Pnc

Regards,
                            Shakil H.
                            ACD Systems

Comment

I just bought Video studio 3 today and I am lost. I have the manual but I'm new. Will there be any tutorials for Video studio 3?

Comment

Working...
                              X