Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the developers working on an update for Sierra???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still waiting

Comment

Has anyone been able to use the slideshow option since updating to Sierra?

Thanks

Comment

..."I hope to have it ready soon."....
        ..does anyone have a metric... how long soon will last..?
        ..does it means some more days..?
        ..or should it be better to understand as.. they will fix it some day in the next year..?

..be prepared.. that the next MAC OS update will come probably earlier, than you will release a fix..

MixMax
        still hoping to get an profound answer a.s.a.p.

Comment

Hello,

ACDSee Mac Pro Beta will be ready ASAP. I am sorry for the current delay and expect it to be ready this month or early Nov.

Thank you
          Mark

Comment

meanwhile customers are unable to use your software......do you really think this is good enough???

Comment

Originally posted by MixMax View Post

..does anyone have a metric... how long soon will last..?
              ..does it means some more days..?
              ..or should it be better to understand as.. they will fix it some day in the next year..?

..be prepared.. that the next MAC OS update will come probably earlier, than you will release a fix..

MixMax
              still hoping to get an profound answer a.s.a.p.
              Pretty pathetic isn't it.
              I would be ashamed of selling this Mac program under the current situation. It should be pulled off the shelf until a fix is released.
              Just my thoughts.

Comment

Being pretty new to Mac (always been a Windows fan, still uses it and loves it, but got myself a Mac earlier this year and love it too) is this a recurring issue, a new OS is released and existing working apps stops working ?. I was surprised when I installed the demo of this app and nothing worked, at first I thought I was missing something, but from reading this I can see that it really does not work.
                But - I would expect that any working apps to continue working after an OS upgrade ?.

Anyway - I hope a working version will be out soon so I can give the trial a try..

Comment

Yes quite normal with ACDSee. No problems with any other apps

Comment

OK, we are in early November. If the developers actually care about Mac users they would have this update/beta software out NOW. If you have a media department they must be going nuts with how slow the developers are

Comment

It is sad. There are many programs out there that keep up with the changes Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 or 15, PhotoScape X, Pixelmator, and on the iPhone ACDSee for iPhone. But for a larger MAC unit ACDsee just will not upgrade with Apple. Rather bummer because I really like ACDSee but I'm starting to get used to other programs.

Comment

I have loyally used ACDSee for years on the PC and then briefly on the Mac until Sierra killed it with no upgrade in sight. The main reason I use ACDsee over others is that I can right click on an image and then easily copy or move the actual file to another directory. I also need a robust editing function or ability to easily access an external editor. Mainly I need a fast photo viewer with the ability to easily copy or move that actual file. Any ideas?
                        Last edited by RickyBerkey; 11-12-2016, 12:46 AM. Reason: Correction made

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
                          Dear ACDSee Mac Pro Customers,

We appreciate any and all feedback we have received on ACDSee for Mac Pro. We have been listening to you, and, over the past year, we have been building a dedicated Mac development team to address your needs. Our team has been working hard revamping the product to improve performance. Very shortly, we will be releasing a public beta version for macOS Sierra. You can help us to make it better!

Sign up to take our ACDSee for Mac Pro BETA for a spin and let us know if you have any feedback.

Please visit to sign up for the Beta: http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-mac-pro-beta

Stay tuned for more information to come!!

Best Regards,
                          The ACDSee Team

Please note: ACDSee Mac Pro 3 requires: Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
                          Everyone that bought V3 should make sure they either get their money back or get the new beta for free. No excuses for this terrible app

Comment

Originally posted by RickyBerkey View Post
                            I have used loyally used ACDSee for years on the PC and then briefly on the Mac until Sierra killed it with no upgrade in sight. The main reason I use ACDsee over others is that I can right click on an image and then easily copy or move the actual file to another directory. I also need a robust editing function or ability to easily access an external editor. Mainly I need a fast photo viewer with the ability to easily copy or move that actual file. Any ideas?
                            If you just need a simple editor, go get Lyn. Or if you want a full fledged robust app, get Adobe Elements

Comment

Originally posted by CornishBoy View Post
                              meanwhile customers are unable to use your software......do you really think this is good enough???
                              These folks are new to Macs, they took a Mac program (Canvas) and redid it in Windows, then dropped all Mac work for 6 years, forgot OS; they finally released a Mac version of Canvas Draw, and it works pretty well; but they can't seem to fix AcdSee Pro. It just confounds their developers. Try and load a lot of images and it chokes and dies. Try that in any other program and it works just fine. This is high school stuff.
                              Last edited by pongajim; 11-11-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I've decided to give up on ACDSee and will never use their products again. Blatant disregard for customers should never be rewarded. Moving on!

Comment

Working...
                                X