Remembering window position, state of program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering window position, state of program

I find it surprising that ACDSee doesn't remember the position and size of its window, or any other program state between executions. I would very much like it if the following bits of state, among probably others, would be remembered and applied when the program starts up:
    • Window position and size, including which monitor it's on
    • The viewing mode - manage/view/develop
    • All viewing options - list/icon/thumbnail/etc...
    • When in manage mode, which folder is listed
    • When in manage mode, which folders in the folder-tree column are opened (disclosed) and which are closed
    • When in manage mode, the scroll position of the folder-tree column
    All of these seem like standard practice for a moden program. I'm hoping ACDSee can implement this soon!

Thanks.

Hi Schardt,

Thank you for the feedback.

> Window position and size, including which monitor it's on
    Do you have the Map pane open? I confirm there's a bug where the app window width isn't remembered correctly if the Map pane is open when you close the app. I've logged this in our internal bug tracking system. With multiple monitors, the ACDSee app window should appear on the monitor that's active when you launch the app.

> The viewing mode - manage/view/develop
    By design, ACDSee will open in Manage mode when you launch the app, or in View mode if you open a photo with ACDSee (some exceptions apply, for example if you have a filter applied that filters out the photo you're trying to open, etc). Currently, it's not possible to open the app directly in Develop mode.

> All viewing options - list/icon/thumbnail/etc...
    The file list view option (i.e. Thumbnail or List) should be saved. Can you provide more detail about the behaviour you're seeing?

> When in manage mode, which folder is listed
    In Preferences > General, set the Default Start Folder to "Folder from previous session".

> When in manage mode, which folders in the folder-tree column are opened (disclosed) and which are closed
    > When in manage mode, the scroll position of the folder-tree column
    I'll review this with the product team. Currently, by design, folders are initially collapsed except for the parents of the selected folder.

Regards,
    David

Comment

Working...
    X