Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pictures get Re-Shuffled..

Hello All,

I hope that this is the right place to share my situation..

Yesterday, my Windows 8 performed an update and upon completion of the update many of my pictures in ACDsee simply vanished. This happened when my laptop re-booted from the update.

I was able to reacquire these missing pictures again from my camera , so all was not lost however, Has Anyone else experienced this situation ?

Thanks

Were they all of one type? For instance, all jpgs. or all raw, etc? Were they simply not on the hard drive or just not in ACDSee? ( Did ACDSee have them still listed in its database and couldn't find them? (i.e. the ACDSee thumbnail was there but said it couldn't find them when you clicked on the thumbnail) Or were they gone from both the HD and the ACDSee DB?

Comment

I just had the same problem.
      Two weeks ago, suddenly all my pictures in eight folders which are labeled 20210923 - 20210930 were gone. Everyday I have a lot of pictures, actually screenshots, because I'm trading Bitcoin. Yesterday evening, suddenly all my pictures in folder labeled 20211008 vanished as well. At that stage I got really scared, because I feared to lose more pictures.
      I'm past 75, but my brain is still functioning well. I knew the problem could only be on the hard disk. My pictures are stored on an external WD drive. So I checked the hard disk and voila, the pictures were all back. Here is how you check the HD:
      1 Right-click your external hard disk under Devices and drives.
      2 Select Properties.
      3 Go to Tools tab.
      4 Under Error checking, click Check.

Comment

Originally posted by thaiphoon View Post
        ..Two weeks ago, suddenly all my pictures in eight folders which are labeled 20210923 - 20210930 were gone...
        Yesterday evening, suddenly all my pictures in folder labeled 20211008 vanished as well.
        Whilst not wanting to be an alarmist, two incidents in two weeks where an external drive has "lost" information, and a disk scan has managed to recover it, rather points to the drive being somewhat flaky. If I had important material on a drive like that I would be backing it up to another drive as a matter of urgency.

Comment

Working...
        X