X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doane
    started a topic PCD conversion plugin?

PCD conversion plugin?

I have several older Kodak disks with PCD files on them that I want to convert to jpg and tiff. Is there a plugin for my ACDsee Pro 2018?

Thanks,

• doane
    replied
    I found another free converter called PCDtoJPEG by Chromasoft, but it too is a command line program. Luckily the command line is pretty simple and will convert non Pro Kodak disks to level 4 which is 3072x2048 and it will also do level 5 Pro disks to the max level 5 of 4096x6144. The only problem I've found with it is it won't allow the use of wild card use to convert multiple PCD files. You have to do one at a time. I have tried to use the "forfiles" command in different ways, but I can't get it to work. They also make a GUI based version that is much easier to use but it is $80
    One advantage with Chromasoft that many others don't have is that it handles highlights better without blowing them out. Photoshop has some plugins but they are known to do a very poor job converting the files.

Leave a comment:

• doane
    replied
    Originally posted by Emil View Post
    The "convert" app from "ImageMagick" has this option too. Because it's an command line tool, it can easily be used as external editor in AC.
    Thanks, Emil: This one is a command line program and the command line gets a bit complicated.

Leave a comment:

• doane
    replied
    Originally posted by LV_Bill View Post
    There's a freeware program that claims to do this conversion. You might want to check it out at the link below:. Good luck.

http://www.easy2convert.com/pcd2tiff/
    Thanks, Bill. The free version is limited to the smaller size of 768x512. Only the $20 version will do larger size conversions. I have found this to be true of most of the converters.
    Last edited by doane; 03-12-2019, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Emil
    replied
    The "convert" app from "ImageMagick" has this option too. Because it's an command line tool, it can easily be used as external editor in AC.
    Last edited by Emil; 03-29-2018, 03:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LV_Bill
    replied
    There's a freeware program that claims to do this conversion. You might want to check it out at the link below:. Good luck.

http://www.easy2convert.com/pcd2tiff/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X