No announcement yet.

Picasa Face Tag Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this forum. Like many others, I've spent years tagging faces, adding comments/tags, etc., to tens of thousands of pictures, many containing family history data that is now only contained in my Picasa program. As soon as this product has an import option, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it!

Comment

So if anybody could help using ExifToolGui to experiment creating manually face tags that work and are properly recognized to clarify the questiosn I posted, I would be able to finish the program and share it.

Comment

I would also be very grateful for an upgrade path from Picasa to ACDSee that would retain facial recognition info. That alone is holding me up in Picasa.

Comment

Originally posted by fidelis1970 View Post
          I would also be very grateful for an upgrade path from Picasa to ACDSee that would retain facial recognition info. That alone is holding me up in Picasa.
          any news? I am waiting for the face import from Acdsee

Comment

Hello,

Importing face data from Picasa is planned for ACDSee 2021 to be released in September 2020.

Regards,
            Mark

Comment

At last: Easier migration from Lightroom and Picasa – You can import face data in three clicks.

Comment

That's great news.
                2 questions:

I think you refer to "ACDSee Photo Studio" - that's the editing software.
                Is Picasa face tag migration also a feature of the "ACDSee" browser software?

"ACDSee Photo Studio" is available in English so far, not in German.
                As I have the German version of "ACDSee", no upgrade path is offered to me for "ACDSee Photo Studio".
                When is the German version of "ACDSee Photo Studio" planned to be released?

Comment

Hello everyone,

ACDSee 2021 German will be released in mid to late October 2021. Coming soon!

Regards,
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X