Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to work with former face recognition data from Picasa in ACDSee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to work with former face recognition data from Picasa in ACDSee?

I am starting to plan to change my photo management system from Picasa [RIP :-( ] to ACDSee. I MUST retain my face recognition tags. I understand that Picasa embedded this data right in the jpgs using XMP. How do I view, work with XMP in ACDSEE?

Hello,

I am sorry but importing Picasa face metadata into ACDSee 2019 is currently not possible. It is on our feature list for a future release.

Regards,
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
      Hello,

I am sorry but importing Picasa face metadata into ACDSee 2019 is currently not possible. It is on our feature list for a future release.

Regards,
      Mark
      Ok so any news on this? I have asked in another thread too, just hoping someone notices....

Comment

As far as I remember Picasa was a strange program for me. Everything I did in Picasa was only visible in Picasa, to view in other programs I had to export my work.

Comment

Eagerly waiting for facial data import from Picasa, till that no reason to buy an upgrade of our four ACDSee licenses :-(

Comment

I have struggled too to move out of Picasa with 300,000+ images tagged with faces. I am not going to move until I find a descent upgrade path. Because of the lack of interest on the subject, I set out to write my own migration program from Picasa FAce Tags into ACDSee (as I like all the rest of the program). I have hit, however, a question mark in the process. ACDSee Ultimate 2020 writes the face tags as 2 regions in the XMP group. One region is more square shaped around the face and is tagged DLY and the other region is more a vertical rectangel longer on Y and shorter on X around the face and is tagged ALG. Both regions are really close to one another except for a few pixels that give them aslightly different shape.

So my questions are:
            1) What would happen if I write the face tags regions as exactly the same shape (with the same coordinates) in both ALG and DLY regions?
            2) What is the difference between both regions, and why would you store a single face as 2 distinict regions? I am assuming one region is caused by the face detection, and the other one by the face recognition engines.

Please help, if I can get answers to these questions I can have a program that can do the migration for whole libraries. I am sure all Picasa users will appreciate moving into ACDSee with such a program.
            Last edited by jdardon; 12-01-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I tested acdsee 2020 looking for this functionality.import faces from Picasa. Anyone has a way to import the faces, or there is a plan to implement this functionality

Comment

Hello coloradito,

Importing face data from Picasa is planned for ACDSee 2021 to be released in September 2020.

Regards,
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X