Changes in Develop mode always get lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in Develop mode always get lost

I just downloaded the Pro 2019 trial and started using it's develop mode. I can use it fine and save a jpg, but as soon as I click on another picture and then go back to the first picture, all my edits are gone. The save jpg has the edits but the raw has lost them. What's the deal?

Quick guess.....it sounds like you might be using the wrong Save technique. If you are using "Save As" to create a Jpeg version, then your Develop settings will not be applied to your original raw image. That is by design. The other command is "Save a Copy". This command will apply your Develop settings to both your original raw file and your newly created Jpeg.

Just FYI, since you are new to ACDSee, most experienced users do all their Develop work on multiple images first. Then, as a separate step, they use the Export command to create Jpeg versions in a batch operation. Hope this helps. Feel free to post back with any further questions.

Comment

Hello,

You can turn the AutoSave option from Tools > Options > Develop mode > AutoSave all Develop mode adjustments.

Another option would be, when you select save as Jpeg, check the box to 'Preserev develop settings for original image'. I have attached a screenshot of the option.

Sincerely,

Shakil H.
      ACD Systems
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LV_Bill View Post
        Quick guess.....it sounds like you might be using the wrong Save technique. If you are using "Save As" to create a Jpeg version, then your Develop settings will not be applied to your original raw image. That is by design. The other command is "Save a Copy". This command will apply your Develop settings to both your original raw file and your newly created Jpeg.
        The save is the default one presented by Acdsee when clicking away from the current image.

Comment

Originally posted by S.hussain View Post
          Hello,

You can turn the AutoSave option from Tools > Options > Develop mode > AutoSave all Develop mode adjustments.

Another option would be, when you select save as Jpeg, check the box to 'Preserev develop settings for original image'. I have attached a screenshot of the option.

Sincerely,

Shakil H.
          ACD Systems
          Thanks, that did it. I'm surprised I found no mention of this option in any google search or video on youtube that I watched.

Comment

Working...
          X