Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import from Disk does not Ask to Overwrite/Rename/Skip when identical files are seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import from Disk does not Ask to Overwrite/Rename/Skip when identical files are seen

Hey gang,

I'm working with Dario in Support on this, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. I am running Windows 10 with ACDSee Photostudio Pro 2019. I currently have Tools->Options->File Management set to ASK me before duplication files. I also have both "Confirm folder Delete" and "Confirm File Delete" checkboxes checked. I have both "RESET to defaults" as well as left everything as I had it set and I still get the following behavior.

Source Folder: K:\2019-05-01
    pic1.jpg
    pic2.HEIC
    pic3.HEIC

Destination Folder (Identical content as Source Folder): M:\2019-05-01
    pic1.jpg
    pic2.HEIC
    pic3.HEIC

I am using the Import->From Disk action to import from the Source to the Destination Folder.
    I have the Import options set to place the imported files in separate subfolders byfile's date using the YYYY-MM-dd file format. I have "automatically rotate images" and "delete items from source after import" checkboxes checked.

When I click the Import button, the following is the results:
    Source Folder: K:\2019-05-01
    <EMPTY> (as expected)

Destination Folder (Identical content as Source Folder): M:\2019-05-01
    pic1.jpg
    pic1(2).jpg
    pic2.HEIC
    pic3.HEIC

At no time was I ASKED what should be done about duplicate files. Seemingly, the program seems to have SKIPPED the HEIC and not overwritten them, but created a COPY of the JPG file and appended a "(2)" to the copy.

Now, just to be sure this isn't a Windows 10 thing, I closed ACDSee and copied the original files back to the source folder and deleted the copied JPG file from the destination folder so that, once again, the Source and Destination folders are identical. If I then go into a file manager window, copy all 3 files in the Source and attempt to paste them into the Destination folder, I am greeted with the Windows dialogue box asking if I want to overwrite/rename/skip the files which are identical.

Has anyone run into this before? Any thoughts on what else to try? I downloaded the trial of Pro 2020 and it seems to behave similarly.

​Thanks,
    Jeff

Just as another point that we've tried with Support... using the Edit->Copy To Folder function with the "Ask" checkbox checked DOES, in fact, ask me what I want to do after identifying that there are identical files in the Destination folder that may be overwritten. The mystery continues on the Import function....

Jeff
    Last edited by SliderJeff; 10-02-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X