No announcement yet.

AC 2020 dead slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have received one E-Mail from the Support with the following sentence About my crash and the "great" speed:

Fixes for both of issues you reported will be considered in an upcoming ACDSee release. Please note that those issues are regularly reviewed and considered for inclusion in updates and future versions.

Personally, however, I no longer believe that the software will be faster. We're definitely going to get a lot of new features and a program that's really "Dead slow".

At the moment I usually work with Zoner to remove a lot of garbage from the IPTC keywords and to be ready to leave ACDSee.

Comment

Reading between the lines "issues you reported will be considered in an upcoming ACDSee release". It got me laughing. Sorry, ACDSee. I got the impression that he reported a bug or at best a dramatic short comming of your product. And you are considering to fix it? Glad the hear it!

MBangert Thank you for suggesting Zoner. I just had a quick look at their website, I like what I see.

Comment

Hello,

I spoke with the Engineering Team and they have resolved this issue and a fix is now in QA.

ACD plans on releasing an update in April that will include a performance fix, other bug fixes and a RAW update.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mcosgrove View Post
          Hello,

I spoke with the Engineering Team and they have resolved this issue and a fix is now in QA.

ACD plans on releasing an update in April that will include a performance fix, other bug fixes and a RAW update.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Regards,
          Mark
          Thanks Mark, this is good news. I'm looking forward to the update

Comment

Wow! A fix within just have a year. I remember fixing the AssetExif.fpt bug took four times as long in 2013/2014. I wonder how many items does your QA team have in their db. This bug is as eye-catching as a rhino on a cat-walk.

[sarcasm off]

Comment

Wow, April 2020! My crash depending on the size of the database exists since the release of Ultimate 2019. One and half year to solve a Selfmade Problem.

I use Zoner since last November. In this time I have received 4 Updates and one functional Upgrade.

Comment

MBangert Can you say something about the functionality of Zoner? I had a quick look at their web site. It looks good, functionality looks lighter than ACDSee, but the product looked well organised.

Their patch or update frequency sounds more normal for 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by mogle View Post
                  MBangert Can you say something about the functionality of Zoner?
                  Don't hijack this thread please, which is about AC performance. If needed, create a new topic please.

Comment

This is something of a concern to me
                    And has been for a number of years
                    I'm still on 2019, main reason I upgraded was to get support for new RAW fornats
                    Have just created a clean DB, doesn't seem to have made much diff
                    Anything else I could try? Tried excluding the whole disk
                    I

Comment

When reading through the thread, Emil found an issue that is related to use of the ACD-centric keywords (using IPTC-centric keywords doesn't seem to have this issue).
                      You may also notice the ACD support team (Cosgrove) responded with a time for a fix.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of mode switching times for the ACDSee Pro 2020 Build 1409 (latest German version). It's showing the same procedure as the post on top of this thread with a catalogue of 280,000 items:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	52519

As you can see, it's as fast as good old AC Pro 8.

Thanks a lot for the fix !!!

Last edited by Emil; 04-25-2020, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Emil, so ACDSee Pro 2020 Build 1409 (latest German version) has been fixed. What does that mean for the English version, which is at 13.0.2.1417? Should I wait for 14.09, or is there any correlation between different-language version numbers? I don't suppose they'll announce the release of this particular fix.

Comment

My english Ult2020 version 13.0 >build< 2057 according to Help >About

Inspecting the actual EVE file, I see the following: 13.0.2.2057

Comment

Gus, thanks, but that's Ultimate rather than Pro. It doesn't clarify my question whether build numbers track across versions and ultimately how to know when English ACDSee Photo Studio Professional has had the subject fix applied. While Pro 2020 has substantial attraction for me, it doesn't override the "dead slow" concern, which I want to go nowhere near.

Comment

Hi Dennis,

The Pro 2020 English build 1417 is the latest build and has the same fix in German version build 1419.

The German version of ACDSee has a slight higher build number because of language specific testings.

Hope this helps.

James
                                ACDSee customer care

Comment

Working...
                                X