No announcement yet.

How can I change search pane defaults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I change search pane defaults?

currently, when I do a search, the two boxes "include subfolders" and "search catalogued items only" are checked by default. As I don't use categories, I have to manually un-check the latter every time I search (which is annoying). How can I change the defaults so that "search catalogued items only" is unchecked?

Thanks

I tend to keep 5 to 7 "saved searches" as starting points. Each of these saved searches included the parameters where I want to start. When I save the the searches, I have those boxes checked or un-checked. When I recall the search, the boxes are checked or un-checked relative to how they were saved.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
      I tend to keep 5 to 7 "saved searches" as starting points. Each of these saved searches included the parameters where I want to start. When I save the the searches, I have those boxes checked or un-checked. When I recall the search, the boxes are checked or un-checked relative to how they were saved.
      Many thanks.

Sorry, I should have explained better. I am using "search" here to make a set of all the images in a number of subdirectories. So I right click on the directory (containing all the others) and select search. This opens the search pane. I am not sure I can do that with a saved search.

Comment

In the saved search, lets give it the name "QQQQ", make sure the "specific files or folders" is selected.

Next,
        Try doing the process exactly as you just did.... then, select a saved search "QQQQ".
        Then tap "sync to file list settings". This will add the selected folder to the search. Then start the search.

To get the most value, QQQQ should be more than just the "specific files and folders" feature... for instance, I have a saved search that includes all also includes labeled images in a given directory and all sub directory. When I select that saved search, I tap the "sync to file list settings" and then start the search in the folder selected.

Comment

Originally posted by GusPanella View Post
          In the saved search, lets give it the name "QQQQ", make sure the "specific files or folders" is selected.

Next,
          Try doing the process exactly as you just did.... then, select a saved search "QQQQ".
          Then tap "sync to file list settings". This will add the selected folder to the search. Then start the search.

To get the most value, QQQQ should be more than just the "specific files and folders" feature... for instance, I have a saved search that includes all also includes labeled images in a given directory and all sub directory. When I select that saved search, I tap the "sync to file list settings" and then start the search in the folder selected.
          Thanks again. But actually, that is more clicks than just un-checking the box! I find it weird that there is no way of just changing that default checkbox. Oh well.. thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
          X