Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cataloging extra files in an already cataloged directory

Hi,

Say I have a root directory already cataloged with per-day directories.
    Now I add some new photos/directories with photos to this root directory.

How do I efficiently add the new photos to catalog, so that I don't loose any information for images already in the catalog?

Currently I just catalog the root directory again with options to import ACDSee data enabled - but this is much much longer than just cataloging a fresh directory - I suspect ACDSee just adds again all information for items already in the database and just because I keep all ACDSee data in files, the data don't get lost.
    This is also what suggests number of files in cataloging summary dialog.
    Last edited by Xyzzy; 02-16-2020, 03:53 AM.

Well, you could embed all AC meta data before cataloguing all files again, but that doesn't seem efficient.

Workaround:
    - Create an empty new temp folder on your desktop
    - In windows explorer search for all new (just imported) files
    - Select all found files and create short link files for these in the temp folder
    - Start AC and catalogue the temp folder
    - delete the temp folder

AC works pretty well with short link files (.lnk).

Best option would be an import routine, that allows to create short links files into a single folder on every import.

Comment

I decided to use ACDSee Indexer for this. Works pretty well and reliable. A lot faster than re-cataloging tens of thousands of images.
      Strange that such capability is not available as an explicit option in the program.

Comment

Can't do that on my computer, AC is running all day.

Comment

Working...
        X