Problems importing database in Photo Studio Professional 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems importing database in Photo Studio Professional 2020

I have just upgraded to Photo Studio Professional 2020 from the 2018 product. When I came to convert one of my databases, I seem only to be able to convert it into the default db. Now I am trying to transfer it from the default db to a new database I have just created, using export then import. When I come to try and import, the software simply does nothing, it says it is importing data, but in reality its doing nothing (0% CPU usage!). Could I have converted the database to somewhere other than default? I have a second database to convert. Is my procedure for copying the database to a new one wrong?

Hi Peter,

From what you have described, I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Provided that you have first converted the 2018 database to 2020, you should be able to export/import that 2020 database to another 2020 database.

You could try converting the 2018 database again to a fresh 2020 database, just in case something went wrong during the conversion process. You will probably want to run database optimization before and after converting the database. If you are still unsuccessful, I would recommend contacting Customer Care: https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/form/

Also, just as some workflow/efficiency advice, if you have multiple databases in 2018 that you want to keep separate, I would recommend setting up new databases in 2020 with the same or similar names, and then converting each 2018 database directly to its final database. As opposed to converting to 2020 and then exporting/importing to another 2020 database.

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
    X