Quick search quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick search quirks

This one is very old and I'm astonished to see that no one ever addressed it:

AC 2020 (Build 1419), 160,000 items catalogued, db optimized, no orphans, all items searched for are existing filenamesClick image for larger version  Name:	Unbenannt-1.png Views:	1 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	53310
    • As you see AC quick searches for every item individually; searches for five items take five times as long as searches for just one item.
    • Searches continue after being aborted (E.g by selecting an folder or category). There's no hint that quick search is still running in background.
    • Invoking a new quick search will start a new search but not stop the first.
    • Terminating the program will not stop the first search the program remains running in background
    • Restarting the program will open another instance.

Uaaah! How much time do I have until it's going to crash? Hmm, I must kill the process in process manager anyway, there's no other way; which is a crash too.

Seems there's a tomb named "ACDSee" on the "Isle of Death".

BTW. In case you can't read the text in the image use context menu to view it in full size

[Edit]
    Screenshot replaced by an upload to this forum
    Emil
    Ultimate Member
    Last edited by Emil; 06-09-2020, 10:42 PM.

There is at least two of us that can't post images anymore in the forum. I have had this problem for years. I went through the clear browser cache, try different computer try different browser troubleshooting suggestion to humor the support team... In the end, I am fairly certain it is becasue I have too much space taken with existing posts.... Users have no way to delete them.

I did not know the Quick Search left hanging threads. Augh...
    I didn't even think of looking for that. and, it survives a restart of ACD... Yikes. I wonder if that has also led to the locked file people have shared. Misbehaving applications should not require a machine reboot in 2020. This is spooky. ADmittedly, I use the standard search more frequently than the quick search. Maybe the standard search doesn't have the same issue??

I certainly know about the search response time.

Comment

Hi Gus and Emil,

The posting images on the forum works for me.

Here is the an example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	883.0 KB ID:	53272

Can you try again, perhaps with a different browser ?

Regards
      James

ACDSee Customer Care

Comment

Tried again, failed.

Message is something close to being "over disk quota".. This is the same message I have had for years. Across multiple browsers, across multiple computers, using new browsers, using old browsers, using a new browser (IE, Edge, Vivaldi, Chrome, safari, Opera) on a fresh OS. Using Android, Apple, and Win10.

It is not on my side. Maybe the disk quota message returned from the forum may help point to the source?

I would be happy to delete any images that I may have posted in the forum, but I have never found a way to do that.

Comment

Post moved to this thread. It was OT here. Back to the actual topic please.
          Emil
          Ultimate Member
          Last edited by Emil; 06-09-2020, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X