Crash Bang Wallop I've lost my picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Bang Wallop I've lost my picture

When I try to rename a group of files using a template it starts of fine, the Renaming dialogue appears, I select my template, I click rename and then........ACDSee freezes for a few seconds and then crashes without a word leaving behind one file from the group with a .tmp extension. I rename the extension and my file is still there but all develop adjustments have dissapeared. I have optimised the database and restarted my computer and ACDSee but it always ends the same way! While I am in complaint mode every now and again when running ACDSee it runs like a dog making any operations imposible. When it does this I am seriously concerned about my hard drives integrity! I bought ACDSee as a replacment for Lightroom (never crashed once and ran like a dream) because I did not want to pay a monthly subscription. Now I am thinking it might well be worth biting that bullet, for my sanity and the integrity of my hard disk!

Hi munroman,

Sorry to learn that you encountered the problem when running batch rename. Please let us know the following:

- Once you renamed that tmp file, did you choose the exact same file name and extension?
    - What is the file format, e.g JPG or RAW file ?
    - Do you also see the sidecar xmp file in the same folder or in the [Originals] sub-folder? For JPG, the sidecar file xmp after image being developed is shown in the [Originals] folder; for RAW file, it is located in that same folder where the RAW file is stored.

To show the hidden files and folder and xmp files, you can click View | Filter By | Advance filters and then turn on "Show hidden files and folders " and show "XMP files"

Click image for larger version

Name:	showfiles.PNG
Views:	28
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	53478

We also received your support ticket, I will follow up and set up a meeting with you to look into the crash and performance issue.

Regards
    James

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X