Can't Open Program, "System Error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Open Program, "System Error"

I am using Pro 2019, Version 12.1 Build 1198. Whenever I try and open the program I get the message: "ACDSee Professional has encountered a system error and will now close" and it immediately closes. I've seen some info about corrupted images but not sure where to look for something like that. Please let me know best steps to trouble shoot. Thanks

Hello Bcemail - Troubleshooting these types of crashes is a process of elimination. Below is my standard list of causes. It's is a good starting point. Post back after you've had a chance to do some more investigating. I have another list explaining more about how to track down each of the usual "suspects".

If you have a healthy system (no viruses or OS corruption) then, there are five general causes for a crash of ACDSee – particularly if it is an immediate crash on start-up.
    1. Corrupt Image(s) in the startup-folder.
    2. The ACDSee program itself is corrupted.
    3. The Database is corrupted.
    4. The ACDSee Registry Keys are corrupted.
    5. Conflict with another program or process.

Comment

Thanks, as far as I know my system is good. I've run anti virus and had no problems. How to I go about finding corrupted files? Last time I used the program it was fine so not sure how a file or the program for corrupted. Thanks!

Comment

Try these steps:

1. Corrupt Image(s) in the startup-folder.
        Drag n' Drop an empty folder onto your AC-Icon on the desktop.

2. The ACDSee program itself is corrupted.
        Login on another account of your PC and try to run AC.

3. The Database is corrupted.
        Search for a file named "default.dbin" which most likely exists a part of your AC-db only (read the path of it to ensure). Rename this file (e.g. "default_old.dbin") and also rename the folder "default" (e.g. "default_old") that exists in the same folder. Then try to run AC again.

4. The ACDSee Registry Keys are corrupted.
        Open a cmd window and type:
        Code:
        reg copy "HKCU\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems" "HKCU\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems_old" /S /F
        reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems" /F
        5. Conflict with another program or process.
        Update your software, esp. the video driver.

What ever you may do, you do on your own risk! All procedures above can easily be turned back.(Hmm, perhaps except some software updates :-)

Comment

[QUOTE=Emil;n53882]Try these steps:

Drag n' Drop an empty folder onto your AC-Icon on the desktop.

Login on another account of your PC and try to run AC.

Search for a file named "default.dbin" which most likely exists a part of your AC-db only (read the path of it to ensure). Rename this file (e.g. "default_old.dbin") and also rename the folder "default" (e.g. "default_old") that exists in the same folder. Then try to run AC again.

Open a cmd window and type:
          Code:
          reg copy "HKCU\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems" "HKCU\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems_old" /S /F
          reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems" /F

hi, I had same problem. I've been using acdsee for ages , last august upgrade to pro2021 and it was fine . after 1 month both acdsee did not open, they just appear for a sec then crush and disappear. I found your post and did the cmd and worked fine. few days ago again both were out of order and I could not find your post anymore, and I had no solution, neither the support team. found it again and did the cmd procedure and seems like both are working.
          my question: any suggestion on how to prevent further crushes?
          I'm usinng windows 10 64. all divers update
          thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X