Export all files in all folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export all files in all folders

Sorry for flooding the forum with questions lately, but I'm about to put around 37k photos in ACDSee and I want to make sure I'm not painting myself into a corner.

As I've mentioned in a previous post, someday I will be passing along family photos to relatives. I'll be passing along other photos to different people and organizations. So, I need to know that I have a way to save changes (export) and pass them along as JPG files. The person receiving them will probably want to do much more with them than I did, and will probably import them somewhere else.

One thing I discovered recently with Picasa is that by using a lot of subfolders, I've made things difficult for myself. I have approximately 1400 folders. So, if I wanted to save all the changes I made in Picasa, I would have to go in and export each folder. I'm not sure I want to take the time to do that, but I might end up doing just that.

So, let's say in a year or two I decide to either hand off most of my photos or go to a different product. I notice there's a batch feature, but since I have things stored in subfolders, won't I have to export everything folder by folder? Is there any way to export (or save changes) all of my files at once?

If you have cataloged your photos, there are multiple ways to to view, some or all of your photos regardless of where they are stored. There is a special catalog view called "image well." If you select this, it will show you all your photos, select all and them and then do a batch export. However, if you want to keep the same folder structure, then yes you will have to go folder by folder.

Comment

Thank you. That makes sense, and I'll make a note of it somewhere so I don't forget. Maybe once I sort through all my photos and get rid of some more, I'll look at trying to flatten the folder structure. For example, instead of having a folder structure of <state>/<city>, I can use the batch rename to name them state_city and keep them all in the same folder. I'm thinking I should probably go back to Picasa and export them in a flatter folder if I can and then start out with that new structure.

Fortunately, I never got around to tagging or making albums in Picasa, so that's one thing I don't need to do when I finally migrate.

Comment

Working...
      X