Trouble converting Pro 2018 database to Pro 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble converting Pro 2018 database to Pro 2020

My Windows 10 PC suffered power supply trouble that led, over months of troubleshooting through the summer, to reinstallation of Windows and now all my apps. First of concern here was ACDSee Pro 2020, optimizing its database and then installing Pro 2021 and converting the 2020 database, without incident. Next came Pro 2018 and its separate database of other images. Optimization went OK, but when I asked Pro 2020 to convert the 2018 database, it reported the database was corrupt. Pro 2018 seems to be fine with it, but 2020 repeats that it's corrupt. I back up everything, so I can start over if I have to. Or is it possible that I need to reinstall Pro 2019 (which I no longer need otherwise) in order to take the conversion one version at at time?

Originally posted by Dennis Cheasebro View Post
    .... Next came Pro 2018 and its separate database of other images. Optimization went OK, but when I asked Pro 2020 to convert the 2018 database, it reported the database was corrupt. Pro 2018 seems to be fine with it, but 2020 repeats that it's corrupt. I back up everything, so I can start over if I have to. Or is it possible that I need to reinstall Pro 2019 (which I no longer need otherwise) in order to take the conversion one version at at time?
    One option would be to use 2018, bulk embed the metadata in all its images, and then start a new database in Pro 2020 and catalog the images, reading the embedded data into the new database.

Comment

Oh, yes, of course. Bulk embed? Is there a way to globally embed all images? I'm talking about 50,000 in 3,000 folders.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Cheasebro View Post
        Oh, yes, of course. Bulk embed? Is there a way to globally embed all images? I'm talking about 50,000 in 3,000 folders.
        Try this.

1. In manage mode, in the left hand pane select the Catalog Tab.
        2. At the bottom of the Catalog Pane, under the heading of Special items, you should see "Image Well" - Select it

Image Well displays all the images cataloged in the ACDSee database.

3. OK the dialog that warns it could take some time, and wait until the thumbnails appear in the centre pane. On the left of the screen, right at the bottom it should say how many items there are.
        4. In the centre pane. use Ctrl + A to select All of the thumbnails.
        5. Hover over one of the selected thumbnails, right click and select Metadata->Embed ACDSee metadata.

Comment

Greyfox, thanks. That did it.

Comment

Working...
          X