Panes: Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panes: Properties

Is it possible to set ACDSee Photo Studio Home 2021 to show the Properties Panes automatically when I start the program?

Originally posted by Kampie View Post
    Is it possible to set ACDSee Photo Studio Home 2021 to show the Properties Panes automatically when I start the program?
    It's a while since I changed from the Home version to the Ultimate version, but from memory the Manage modes are very similar.

Yes, you can have it show the Properties pane automatically when it starts BUT with a reservation.

In Manage mode, in the Panes pull down menu, if Properties is ticked, the Properties Pane will open by default at the right of the screen. That tick is "remembered" and the Properties pane will be at the right of the screen each time ACDSee starts up.

The reservation comes with how you elected to show some other panes. If for intance you have also ticked Search in the Panes pull down menu, and positioned the Search pane to the left of the Properties pane, then both those panes will be open when ACDSee is started.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	54931

HOWEVER, that arrangement cuts down on the amount of space available for thumbnail display, so one alternative arrangement is to have the Properties pane and the Search pane display in the same space, individually selected by Tabs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	54932

With that arrangement, which ever of the two tabbed panes was last selected will be the one that is open when ACDSee is started next time.

Also note. When ACDSee starts, it will either open the last selected folder, or the Home folder, depending on the setting in Tools->Options->Managege Mode->Default start folder, and because at that stage no thumbnail is selected, then the properties pane will simply show the properties for the folder itself (how many sub-folders, how many images). As soon as an image thumbnail is selected it will then show the properties for that image.

Comment

On my computer the tick for showing the properties panes ain't 'remembered' the next time I start ACDSee. So I have to tick 'Properties' in the Panes menu everytime I start ACDsee.

Comment

Originally posted by Kampie View Post
        On my computer the tick for showing the properties panes ain't 'remembered' the next time I start ACDSee. So I have to tick 'Properties' in the Panes menu everytime I start ACDsee.
        You could try View->Reset Layout. That should restore Manage, and depending on version, View, Develop, and Edit modes to their original layouts and will then close and restart ACDSee. Once it reopens re-tick Panes->Properties and see whether it then stays ticked. If you layouts are heavily customized it might pay to save the current layout via a Workspace Preset.

Other than that, or a full re-install, it's probably time to contact Customer Support.

Edit: I'm not sure whether Home version has provision to save Work spaces as a preset.
        Last edited by Greyfox; 01-08-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Greyfox : Thanks for your input. Retting layout solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X