Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for a single face in a photo (and no others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a single face in a photo (and no others)

I would like to search for photos that only have the face I am looking for. For instance, photos that only have this one face defined and no others. Is this possible?

I don't know how either. Unless ACDSee has a face detected count available in the face data structure that can be accessed and used as a search crieteria (facecount=1), I can't think of any other way to do that.

Comment

Thanks for that. It would be really useful to me and I would of thought a lot of other people as well.

Comment

I have been informed by ACDSee that what I was asking about is not possible. I have suggested it for a future release.

Comment

Do the new search features on the 2023 ACDSee product allow you to filter a search for a photo with only a single face?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
            Do the new search features on the 2023 ACDSee product allow you to filter a search for a photo with only a single face?
            It is possible to display those photos where the person of interest is the only face identified and the following method does not use of the Advanced search..

If you want to be able.to differentiate between only a particular face identified, and only a particular face present, my suggestion would be to assign a keyword to all single face present photos - e.g. keyword = Single face.

If you want to display only those photos where the person of interest is the only face identified then:

1/. In Manage mode, Catalog tab, people section, select the first person on the list, then with the shift key down, select the last person (That selects all people with named faces)
            2/. With the Ctrl key held down, click on the the person of interest (That deselects them)
            3/. Now use Ctrl+A to select all the displayed images.
            4./ Apply the simple TAG (the tick)

5/. Now select only the person of interest. (That will deselect all of the other people)
            6/. In the filter menu, select "Untagged"

What is left is images where the person of interest is the only named face.

Caveat-1 Step 1 will cause ACDSee to display all of the photos with named faces, and unfortunately that starts a scan. You will see the percentage counter in the bottom status bar on the right, and with large collections with lots of named faces this will cause ACDSee to become quite sluggish in Manage Mode until the scan has completed. Perhaps make a cup of coffee. .
            Caveat-2. In Tools\Options\Database make sure "Set "Embed Pending" when tagging files is NOT ticked, otherwise the use of the tag will set the embed pending status on all of the photos that have named faces. (I keep this un-ticked all the time so the tag can be used.

Also remember to un-tag all images BEFORE and AFTER you use this procedure.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks, that was a big help. I knew there must be someway to just search for a single face excluding others. Your method works great with the older versions also. I did some digging with the 2023 version to see if I could do something similar with the new advanced search features and I discovered that I could create and save a template where I added multiple "does not contain" filters of the ACDsee metadata People and added all the faces (limited to 25 faces per filter and 25 filters). Then I added a single filter to "contain" filter for the one face I was looking for and cleared that single name from my group of "does not contain" filter. Started the search and it worked perfectly. Now all I have to do is load the template and modify the contain and does not contain filter for the single face I'm looking for. No need to wait for scans and marking. Thanks again for the idea.

Comment

Working...
              X