colour management engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colour management engine

Hi. I'm trying to get my windows system calibrated to ensure soft proofing accuracy compared to output on an external printer at a photo printing shop. I have bought Spyder Studio5 and have calibrated my monitor, and I have the correct ICC profile for the printer/paper combo, but the image on screen is still more red than the output and has more shadow detail.

I need to make sure that the bloke at the print shop has indeed used the correct ICC profile. But assuming he has, I seem to have a problem,.

Firstly, I notice that there is an option to choose one of two 'colour management engines'.. Microsoft ICM' or 'Little CMS'. Can anyone please tell me what these are, and which one I should use?

I'm using Studio Pro 10 from about 2016/17. Yes I know, it's time to upgrade, and I will but tbh, Pro10 has all I need.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Antelope; 06-20-2021, 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by Antelope View Post
    Hi. I'm trying to get my windows system calibrated to ensure soft proofing accuracy compared to output on an external printer at a photo printing shop. I have bought Spyder Studio5 and have calibrated my monitor, and I have the correct ICC profile for the printer/paper combo, but the image on screen is still more red than the output and has more shadow detail.

I need to make sure that the bloke at the print shop has indeed used the correct ICC profile. But assuming he has, I seem to have a problem,.

Firstly, I notice that there is an option to choose one of two 'colour management engines'.. Microsoft ICM' or 'Little CMS'. Can anyone please tell me what these are, and which one I should use?

I'm using Studio Pro 10 from about 2016/17. Yes I know, it's time to upgrade, and I will but tbh, Pro10 has all I need.

Many thanks.
    There was some discussion in DPReview about the two engines. The outcome there was https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51790309. Unfortunately the link to the source information that is based on is no longer valid.

Another comment of interest I found is https://sourceforge.net/p/lcms/mailman/message/3920038

Comment

Working...
    X