Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoom ratio keeps changing in develop mode

Using Acdsee photostudio professional,
    In develop mode the zoom ratio changes to fit to screen every time there is a change in tab say from Tune>Details>Geometry for example,
    it can be very frustrating to zoom to 1:1 every time,
    any solution ? or is it a bug?

Originally posted by manj View Post
    Using Acdsee photostudio professional,
    In develop mode the zoom ratio changes to fit to screen every time there is a change in tab say from Tune>Details>Geometry for example,
    it can be very frustrating to zoom to 1:1 every time,
    any solution ? or is it a bug?
    In ACDSee Ultimate 2021, when I open an image in Develop, the Tab defaults to Tune, and the image fits to sceen.
    If I set the zoom to 1:1, then change from Tune to Detail, or Tune to Repair it retains the 1:1 zoom, however if I change from any Tab to the Geometry Tab, it automatically resets the zoom to show the full image.

I would be surprised if this behavour wasn't actually by design, as the items in the Geometry Tab (Lens Correction, Rotate and Straghten, Perspective, Crop and even Vignette Correction would all normally be done with the whole image visible.

Comment

Am using the geometry tab to apply profile correction and thought it would be better if it keeps the same ratio so that it is easier to check how it is taking care of the chromatic aberrations

Comment

Am using the geometry tab to apply profile correction and thought it would be better if it keeps the same ratio so that it is easier to check how it is taking care of the chromatic aberrations
        AFAIK the Chromatic Aberration setting only becomes available when Enable Lens Profile is ticked, AND if the Lensfun database for the particular camera/lens model includes the correction data for TCA (Transverse Chromatic Aberration). When that correction data is available, in ACDSee the option is a simple "use the correction data" (tick), or "don't use it" (leave un-ticked). There are actually more options for correcting Chromatic Aberration in the Detail Tab.

Chromatic Aberration is due to lens dispersion, and results in failure of rays of light passing through a lens to converge at a single point. There are both Axial and Transverse types, but only correction for the latter type is handled with the ACDSee Chromatic Aberration option. The former is normally mitigated by a change in aperture.

My understanding is that changes to the Lens Correction->Manual correction slider in Develop mode only affect Pincushion and Barrel geometric distortion, and this correction and I would not expect this correction in itself to affect Chromatic Aberration.

ACDSee's recommendation re correcting Chromatic Aberration is

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fix TCA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	56709
        See https://help.acdsystems.com/en/acdse...distortion.htm
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Greyfox; 07-16-2021, 11:54 PM.

Comment

From what little i have seen so far of acdsee In my case of my camera lens combinations works well most of the time when the Chromatic Aberration correction of lens profile correction is selected, but still just need to make sure at 1:1
          Detail tab is manual correction which is also available on other program that i use most of the time for editing, use acdsee only in case of bad CA and organization

Comment

From what little i have seen so far of acdsee In my case of my camera lens combinations works well most of the time when the Chromatic Aberration correction of lens profile correction is selected, but still just need to make sure at 1:1
            Detail tab is manual correction which is also available on other program that i use most of the time for editing, use acdsee only in case of bad CA and organization
            Everyone has their own workflow, and the one that they are most comfortable using.

Selecting the detail tab after applying Chromatic Aberration correction from the lens calibration data in the Geometry tab, as suggested in the help file, allows me to use the preview image in the left pane (which is in the order of 1:1), combined with the navigation rectangle in the "fit" size image in the center pane, to quickly move around the areas I want to check. (TCA is usually more evident where there is high contrast, for instance where light shines through leaves on trees, and is usually more evident towards the outer edges of the mage),

I find using the Detail tab for this check on the applied correction a little more convenient than trying to examine multiple locations on a 1:1 zoomed image in the Geometry mode, and for me it has the advantage that I can use the manual controls to tweak the result if the lens calibration TCA correction hasn't quite been enough.

Comment

Working...
            X