Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto categories: city, state/province and country are empty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by vsbastosx View Post
    ...The only additional step I had to do is to restart ACDSEE. Then the auto categories will be populated with the location information..
    Yes, that's correct. A restart is needed to have the auto categories update. Sorry, I should have included that in my post.

Leave a comment:

• vsbastosx
    replied
    Many thanks Greyfox! It worked! The only additional step I had to do is to restart ACDSEE. Then the auto categories will be populated with the location information. Cheers!
    Last edited by vsbastosx; 07-30-2021, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Greyfox
    replied
    Originally posted by vsbastosx View Post
    The fields city, country and state/province in auto categories are empty, but my files are GPS tagged. The coordinates are indeed added to the files as the map shows the icon with the amount of pictures tagged, but those auto categories are still empty. Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? Many thanks.
    When I take a photo with any of my cameras that have a built in GPS function, and providing it is enabled, the GPS co-ordinates are present in the ex camera's image metadata, however the "reverse geocode" information of that GPS location (the IPTC fields "City", "Country", "State and "Province") is not.

To add it, you need to select the image, View on Map, and then click on the Reverse Geocode button.The reverse geocode information will be shown in a dialog as a check, and you confirm that it is correct by clicking on save. It will then be added to the image's IPTC metadata, and will also be added to those fields in the Auto Categories->Photo Properties in the left hand Catalog Pane.
    Last edited by Greyfox; 07-29-2021, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Auto categories: city, state/province and country are empty.

The fields city, country and state/province in auto categories are empty, but my files are GPS tagged. The coordinates are indeed added to the files as the map shows the icon with the amount of pictures tagged, but those auto categories are still empty. Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? Many thanks.
Working...
X