Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee file operations are blocked due to settings in the anti-virus software

Some antivirus and ransomware protection software may block ACDSee from performing file operations such as deleting files and folders, moving or copying files and folders, dragging-and-dropping files and folders, importing files, saving Develop settings and edits to files, etc. If you use antivirus software with an ransomware protection feature, you can try temporarily disabling the ransomware protection or the antivirus software to determine if it indeed prevents ACDSee from performing any file operations. If it does, you should configure the software to whitelist ACDSee and allow it to perform file operations. Please consult the support documentation of your antivirus and ransomware protection software to configure it.

If you use AVG, Avast or Acronis True Image True Protection, please refer to this support article to add ACDSee to the list of allowed applications:
    https://support.acdsee.com/en/suppor...es/60000678645

ACD Customer Care Team

Just installed ACDSee Pro 2022 and I have a problem deleting images. I need to try many times before it works. Otherwise I have a pop-up explaining that the file is already in use by ACDSee, which is something that shall not prevent the program to delete the image. Sometimes it works on the first shot, sometime I need to perform countless retries. Looks random but probably is not.
    I have uninstalled the anti-virus to make a test, but it does not change anything.
    Thanks for any hint to resolve that issue.
    I was using Ultimate 2020 on the same machine before without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterwen View Post
      Just installed ACDSee Pro 2022 and I have a problem deleting images. I need to try many times before it works. Otherwise I have a pop-up explaining that the file is already in use by ACDSee, which is something that shall not prevent the program to delete the image. Sometimes it works on the first shot, sometime I need to perform countless retries. Looks random but probably is not.
      I have uninstalled the anti-virus to make a test, but it does not change anything.
      Thanks for any hint to resolve that issue.
      I was using Ultimate 2020 on the same machine before without any problem.
      No answers at this stage, just questions
      What Operating System?
      What type and where are the files you are trying to delete (System drive, other local drive, external hard drive, other) ?
      Where in ACDSee Pro are you trying to delete the files (Manage mode, View mode, Develop mode) ?
      How are you logged on to Windows (local account, administrator account or Microsoft Account) ?

What was the antivirus system that you had installed?
      Last edited by Greyfox; 04-03-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Sterwen,

When you see a message that the file is in use by ACDSee, it means ACDSee is currently performing some operation on it. Usually, this will be either generating a thumbnail, which is typically very quick but can be slower if it is a large RAW and RAW decode is enabled (this causes the thumbnail to be generated using a full RAW decode instead of using the file's JPEG preview image), or else Face Detection is currently running on the image. So it is generally only going to happen to folders you have just browsed for the first time, or folders where you have added new images and then browsed.

This happens because ACDSee requests the file deletion from the OS, but if ACDSee is simultaneously performing some other operation the OS will be blocked from deleting the file. Waiting a moment and trying again, or waiting for the "Scanning for faces" message to decrease its count by 1, should allow you to delete the file.

I will pass this on to the development team to see if anything can be done to allow the deletion to go through.

Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems

Comment

Thanks for this information. I have had (rarely) the case and could not understand why.

Comment

Working...
          X