Insert filename in caption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insert filename in caption

I have a bunch (hundreds) of photos with nice descriptive filenames e.g. "Anne Hathaway cottage garden.jpg".
    I would like to set the ACDSee Metadata caption field to be the filename (preferably minus the .jpg extension).
    Is there a placeholder to represent the filename of the current photo?

What I am hoping is to select 100 photos, set the Caption to <filename> and the caption for each photo will then contain that photo's filename.

Originally posted by sjperry View Post
    I have a bunch (hundreds) of photos with nice descriptive filenames e.g. "Anne Hathaway cottage garden.jpg".
    I would like to set the ACDSee Metadata caption field to be the filename (preferably minus the .jpg extension).
    Is there a placeholder to represent the filename of the current photo?

What I am hoping is to select 100 photos, set the Caption to <filename> and the caption for each photo will then contain that photo's filename.
    This works in Ultimate 2023, I think it should work in Pro version.

Preparation: (once only)
    1/. In manage mode, select a single image, then in properties select the Metadata Tab, then from the Metadata presets pull down, Manage Presets.
    2/. In the Manage Metadata Presets dialog, scroll down to near the bottom to the ACDSee section, and for the Caption select the small right arrow to the right of the box (a), select insert Metadata, then File properties (b), then Filename (w/o extension) (c). then click on OK (d)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Metadata preset.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	63724

4/. In the Save Metadata Preset, click on Save As, then enter the name "Filename to ACDSee Caption", then click on OK

Use
    1/. In Manage Mode select image or images
    2/. In Properties pane, select Metadata Tab
    3/. From the Metadata Presets pull down select "Filename to ACDSee Caption"
    4/. Click on Apply.

Comment

Thanks Greyfox for the detailed instructions! That worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X