ACDSee Pro 8 dipslay very bad CMYK colors for PSD files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDSee Pro 8 dipslay very bad CMYK colors for PSD files

In ACDSee Pro 5 CMYK colors for PSD files were display bad but similar to real CMYK colors (the colors match the same color space but it have much more contrast and saturation).
    In ACDSee Pro 8 CMYK colors are totally bad, much worst according to ACDSee Pro 5. There are no similar colors, there are totaly other space colors. I show it on image below.
    I must admit that affect only on PSD CMYK files, on flat images like JPG CMYK colors display like in ACDSee Pro 5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACDSeePro8_CMYK_TotalColorBug.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	7943

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACDSeePro8_CMYK_TotalColorBug2.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	7944

Very strange but good to know before I happen to see it on my own and wonder what I've done wrong.

Comment

While interesting, I haven't seen anything in the help file that claims CMYK support. And I don't recall seeing any CMYK support claims elsewhere. Like Lightroom, it seems this is an RGB environment only. It's nice when serendipity steps in and provides some unintended support for CMYK, but without a statement of support from ACDSee, the company, I don't think you can expect to see any ongoing support for it (or LAB color either)

Comment

I have exactly same and ONLY in PSD CMYK. ACD SYSTEMS must resolve it

Comment

In the help file for AC Pro 8 you can read: "At this time, ACDSee does not support CMYK color profiles". However on the website you will find differentiated statements.

Comment

Not to be a hard case or anything, but according to that page, CMYK is supported as read only for tif files. It specifically states that PSD is "RGB, grayscale, duotone, paletted and bi-level Lab color interpreted as grayscale only". Write file support is not included for CMYK. I personally don't care if ACDSee supports CMYK or not, but I do think they have adequately covered their backside on this.

I think it is obvious that ACDSee Pro 8 is not, and was not intended to be, suitable for a CMYK based workflow.
            Last edited by Glen Barrington; 10-13-2014, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X