Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can open a JPEG, file closes itself after seconds

I run Windows 10 Pro, latest version.
    Long ago I moved the documents folder from where it sits by default to another drive: E:\OneDrive\Documents\.In the Documents folder are various sub-folders. So far there are no problems, but since a week one problem occurred: I use ACDSee Ultimate for all my graphic files. If I doubleclick a graphic file (JPEG, PNG etc.) the file opens, but closes itself after a couple of seconds.. THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN THIS FOLDER, NOT IN SUBFOLDERS OF THE DOCUMENTS FOLDER AND NOT ANYWHERE ELSE ON MY PC.

So why would an open graphic file close itself? Is it a ACDSee problem, a Windows problem or what? I contacted the support team of ACDSee. They provided various options to try, but none worked. The last option they offered was to completely uninstall ACDSee, clean the registry, delete all ACDSee folder, and reinstall again. I did that. Result: the problem persists.

Then I contacted Windows (chat with a live person). This person suggested that perhaps the graphic files were corrupted, wrong suggestion, they are not corrupted, the are fine in any other location. The she suggested to reinstall Windows 10, after that she said the problem would be solved. Windows 10 was reinstalled, check opening graphic files in the documents folder, the problem persists.

So here I am, the experts are at a loss - and I am fairly certain that a simple solution can be found. Just nobody has hit on it yet. Has anyone here any ideas how to solve this annoying problem?

Thanks nd regards,
    Danker

Hi, have you tried Double Clicking on one of the Files and letting Ultimate open from there to see what happens

Comment

And might you not get a better response if you post this in the Ultimate Section and not the SDK section?

Comment

I have reposted this in ACDSee Ultimate. My problem is that although I am not new to ACDSee I am new to the forum. I have sought long before I found how to start a topic, and I still don't know how to delete my previous post in Questions..

Comment

Originally posted by Len View Post
          Hi, have you tried Double Clicking on one of the Files and letting Ultimate open from there to see what happens
          Double-clicking a graphic file always opens the file in ACDSee.

Comment

"Double-clicking a graphic file always opens the file in ACDSee."

Well yes or No.

Depends if you have ACDsee as your default Photo Editor

Comment

Working...
            X