No QR code??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No QR code??

I use Studio and when I select Tools / Show ACDsee mobile sync details - it goes to an error message. It does not generate a QR code. Both my mobile and laptop are on the same network. I have shut them down, re-installed my iOS app. - Any suggestions?

Hi Canada1,

I assume you're using Photo Studio 2021. What does the error message say? A screenshot might be helpful. Is the Bonjour service installed and running?

Typically the Mobile Sync details will show an error instead of generating a QR code if either:
    • The Mobile Sync server is stopped. Try clicking on the ACDSee icon in the notification center/system tray, and see if it is possible to click "Start ACDSee Mobile Sync". If that option is greyed out, the server is already running. You could try stopping and starting it again in that case.
    • There is some problem connecting to your network device. Is your laptop connected to Ethernet, or using Wi-Fi?
    Even if a QR code isn't being generated, it may be possible to find the server within the Mobile Sync app. If you tap the Send button in the mobile app, do any targets appear?

Thanks,
    Tristan H.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	248
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	56316

This is the error that I am getting. This icon appears to not be greyed out.The other option I'm considering is uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

With respect to Bonjour - I'm not certain what that is. I did not install it before and the sync did previously work. As well, I know that my pc and mobile are on the same network.

Thank you for your assistance Tristan.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the screenshot. I'm not certain from your posts whether you tried this yet or not, but if not, please:
        1. Find the ACDSee icon in the notification area (system tray) in the lower right of your screen (I am assuming your taskbar runs along the bottom of your screen as it does by default, but the position could vary).
        2. Right click on the icon.
        3. If "Start ACDSee Mobile Sync" is clickable, as in the following screenshot, try clicking it:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	stopped.png
Views:	233
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	56319

Then try right clicking on the icon again. If the "Start" option is no longer clickable, and now the "Stop" and "Show Details" options are clickable instead, then the Mobile Sync server should now be running. Try showing details either from this menu or from within the main ACDSee application.

If the "Stop" and "Show Details" options were clickable when you first opened the menu, try clicking "Stop", then open the menu again and click "Start".

Please let me know if this doesn't work.
        Thanks,
        Tristan H.
        ACD Systems
        Attached Files

Comment

Again, thank you for your assistance. It is not there. I only get the option to start ACDsee Studio. I'm not certain why it's not showing up for me but I do see it showing up in your screen shot.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

That is very strange. I'm not sure what could cause the Mobile Sync options not to appear in the notification area, but still appear within the app. I recommend that you contact Customer Care here: https://www.acdsee.com/en/support/form/

Thanks,
            Tristan H.
            ACD Systems

Comment

Thank you Tristan, I will follow your advice and contact the Customer Care team.

Comment

Originally posted by Canada1 View Post
                Thank you Tristan, I will follow your advice and contact the Customer Care team.
                so what did they say?

Comment

I am using ACDSEE Studio Ultimate 2019 with Mobile sync. On my android phone it will pick up my laptop's server, but not my desktop.
                  Also when attempting to use android to connect to another server it asks for the QR code. I CAN NOT find it anywhere in my studio on my computers!!!!!!
                  Where is it or is it only with fapples?

Unhappy

Comment

Hi 6028will,

The QR code method of connecting was introduced in Photo Studio 2021.

We have some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try to connect your phone to your desktop copy of ACDSee, under the Troubleshooting section of this page: https://www.acdsee.com/en/acdsee-mobile-sync/

Please see if these steps help you connect.

Thanks,
                    Tristan H.
                    ACD Systems

Comment

Working...
                    X