Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media thumbnails displayed as monochrome (no color)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media thumbnails displayed as monochrome (no color)

Hi, ever since I purchased Photo Studio Home 2022 and entered the license, all of my thumbnail photos in media are shown as monochrome, black and white tone. I tried enabling color management, rebuilding my database, and even resetting to defaults. Please see screeshot of the issue. Anybody have any suggestions?

Originally posted by pklee22 View Post
    Hi, ever since I purchased Photo Studio Home 2022 and entered the license, all of my thumbnail photos in media are shown as monochrome, black and white tone. I tried enabling color management, rebuilding my database, and even resetting to defaults. Please see screeshot of the issue. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Those look like "sepia" thumbnails, which in media mode would indicates they are orphaned database entries..
    When you installed Home 2022 did you use Database Convert to convert the old database entries into the new database?,

Orphaned entries occur when the database can no longer find the actual images where it thinks they should be. For instance if the images have been moved using Windows File Explorer,.

As this part of the forum is intended for discussion relating specifically the SDK kit, it would be probably be better if you started started a new thread in the ACDSee (home version) section of forum..

Comment

Thanks for your reply and sorry for using the wrong discussion. Hopefully it can get resolved so I don't have to repost. When installing Home 2022, I did not use Database Convert. Was I supposed to? The photos appear in color when I open it up from the media mode, so I think it knows where to find them. The photos are stored in an external drive with same letter drive and hasn't been moved. Do you think this can get resolved if I reinstall the app and index files again?

Comment

Originally posted by pklee22 View Post
        Thanks for your reply and sorry for using the wrong discussion. Hopefully it can get resolved so I don't have to repost. When installing Home 2022, I did not use Database Convert. Was I supposed to? The photos appear in color when I open it up from the media mode, so I think it knows where to find them. The photos are stored in an external drive with same letter drive and hasn't been moved. Do you think this can get resolved if I reinstall the app and index files again?
        Yes, when upgrading to another major version it is usually necessary to convert the database. That conversion would normally read the old database records, do the conversion and write them into a new database leaving the old database as it was. If you simply opened the old database with the new version, there is the possibility that the old database has been altered/corrupted.

Plan A: You could try creating a new database with the new version at a different location, and then use Tools/Database/Convert Database to convert from the existing old database to the new. Depending on the present condition of the old database, that might still work.

If Plan A: isn't a go, then ...
        Plan B: If your old version is still installed, and you have a very recent Database backup, you could try restoring the backup into the old version, then after doing a Tools/Database/Optimize database in the old version, and checking that all seems well in that version, create a new database with the new version and use the convert function to convert the entries from the old database into the new one. It should not be necessary to re-install the new program itself.

If Plan A: and Plan B: are not a go then..
        You might have to start a new database in the new version and use Tools/Database/Catalog files to catalog all your images into the new database
        WARNING. If you go this route and If you didn't specifically embed your ACDSee metadata (keywords, captions, ratings etc) into all your images in the old version, then all that information will have to be manually assigned again in the new version
        Last edited by Greyfox; 01-13-2022, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X