Video Converter and VOB files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Converter and VOB files

It seems that nobody really use ACDSee Video Converters, no posts here and most answers point to other video converter.

But I will ask anyway: Does anybody successfully converted VOB files to another format, or even read (input) VOB file or folders with any ACDSee Video Converter ?

I trying with version 5 convert some of my own old movies but as it failed I tried also regular DVD (not blocked) and DVD files copied to my hard disk.

I will appreciate a answer, thanks. And be safe you all !

Hi adrstudio,

Thank you for your feedback. The .vob file format acts as a container, as it stores audio, video, subtitles, DVD menus and other navigation information. Unfortunately, if your .vob file contains a video codec that is not supported by Video Converter 5, then Video Converter 5 will not support the entire .vob file.

Thanks,
    Dylan L.
    ACD Systems

Comment

Thank you for your answer Dylan.

Although your answer implies that ACDSee Video Converter support a very limited kind video files. It won't be easier to just say VOB files are not supported ?

Comment

Hi again Dylan,

I must add a test that I just did. I used a old trick, I using Windows 10. I renamed a .VOB files to .MP4. After renamed it can be played it on Windows Media player without problem, I could play it inside ACDSee in View mode (mine is Ultimate 2019) without problem. I could open it on ACDSee Video Studio 2 but here without sound.

On ACDSee Video Studio 2 I made a selection and produced another MP4 without problem but without sound.So here I could do a kind of conversion.

But ACDSee Video Converter Pro 5 still can't even open it.

Comment

Hi Guys... thanks for the post. I have the new "Luxea Video" I did the change to mp4 on the VOB files and it worked... even the sound was imported
          Just a comment

Comment

Working...
          X