Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird bug = unusable software

Good morning.

My GPU isn't a very new or powerful one, but it's amply over minimum spec for Gemstone, and is fully up-to-date, driver-wise; and my Win 10 machine is otherwise more than up to the job.

Yet none of the functions on the right side of the main Gemstone edit pane respond to my mouse.

Please watch this video: http://kazemisu.me.uk/gemstone.mp4

Every time the cursor hovers over a function, I'm clicking, and nothing - yet I can resize and close panes, so the software can "see" the cursor - but I can't access any of the functionality Gemstone offers.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

(Bug report also raised.)
    Last edited by KeithReeder; 01-20-2023, 04:10 AM.

Hello, video cannot be seen.

Comment

It's opening for me, Brajaq - in Edge, Chrome and Opera.

In any event, my description of the problem should suffice, I think

Added:

Click image for larger version

Name:	gemstone_2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	63685
      Attached Files
      Last edited by KeithReeder; 01-20-2023, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithReeder View Post
        Good morning.

My GPU isn't a very new or powerful one, but it's amply over minimum spec for Gemstone, and is fully up-to-date, driver-wise; and my Win 10 machine is otherwise more than up to the job.

Yet none of the functions on the right side of the main Gemstone edit pane respond to my mouse.

Please watch this video: http://kazemisu.me.uk/gemstone.mp4

Every time the cursor hovers over a function, I'm clicking, and nothing - yet I can resize and close panes, so the software can "see" the cursor - but I can't access any of the functionality Gemstone offers.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?
        Keith, Gemstone is working here as it should. A single left button click on the various items is activating them, so that suggests your issue is local.
        Is it doing it with all images, or only the one shown in the video. If only that one, what is the image format, and the pixel size of the image.

Have you, or can you, try View\Reset Layout. (Note: That will force a restart of Gemstone so save any work first).

Edit: What Antivirus system are you using. If it is a 3rd party have you tried excluding Gemstone from it.
        Last edited by Greyfox; 01-20-2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yep, I'm sure it is local, Greyfox - I'm hoping that ACDSee can suggest what that might be and how to rectify it.

Everything else in the programme - RAW processing, menus, left-hand tool panel, etc. - works as I'd expect.

I haven't tried View > Reset Layout (I've made no changes there) but I'll give it a go.

[Goes away...]

[Comes back...]

Well who'd have thought that would help?But it did!

😃

Many thanks, Greyfox - I'm back in business.

I'm delighted, because I have a real soft spot for ACDSee's Photo Editors (they punch way above their weight in terms of useful functionality) and I really wanted to like Gemstone.
          Last edited by KeithReeder; 01-21-2023, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X