No announcement yet.

system error and program shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am experiencing frequent crashes of this editing software. Simply scrubbing back and forth and clicking play seems to be too much for it. It's really annoying and makes this app nearly impossible to use. I'm running Luxea 6 -- 6.1.0.1859. I wouldn't even know where to look for the dmp file mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by jpark View Post
      I am experiencing frequent crashes of this editing software. Simply scrubbing back and forth and clicking play seems to be too much for it. It's really annoying and makes this app nearly impossible to use. I'm running Luxea 6 -- 6.1.0.1859. I wouldn't even know where to look for the dmp file mentioned earlier.
      If a dmp file is generated by a Luxea crash it should be in %temp%\ACDSeeCrashDump\ACDSeeLuxea.
      (C:\Users\Yourname\Appdata\Local\Temp\ACDSeeCrashD ump\ACDSeeLuxea)

It is unlikely that you would get much insight from it yourself, but it could help ACDSee Support to identify the problem, or problems.

Have you looked in Event Viewer following a crash. Check for entries around the time of the crash either for a record of the crash or for any warnings just before.

I can say that in the last two days I have processed close on 6 hours of video clips in Luxea 6.1.0.1859 without any issues at all. The source material was all 1920 x 1080, 30 fps .mp4 format. I can scrub backwards and forwards as fast as I can with this material and not bring on any crash, which suggests there is something local causing your issue.

You haven't provided any details to go on so its difficult to be specific
      Sources of video problems could include video driver issues (is your video driver current), perhaps Luxea not having been exempted from 3rd party antivirus programs.Maybe corrupted system files or perhaps an inadequate sized paging file.

Perhaps your PC doesn't have sufficient resources or grunt to be able to quickly scrub through the timeline clip (this will depend to some extent on the source/project format, frame size, and frame rate, and what transitions and other effects have been applied to the timeline clips), though I would expect that to cause it to be jumpy, or to have temporary freezing rather than to crash.

Other things to check
      Does enabling or disabling "Hardware Acceleration" or "AutoSave" make any difference to your issue?.
      Does reducing the playback quality from "Full" to a reduced quality (1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16) make any difference?
      Last edited by Greyfox; 04-26-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X