Insanely long (5 hours) for processing LightEQ on Xeon E3-1265L V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanely long (5 hours) for processing LightEQ on Xeon E3-1265L V2

Insanely long (5 hours) for processing LightEQ on Xeon E3-1265L V2 for 1 minute HD h264 file taken with iPhone SE 2016.

Why is this happening? does it need a performant gpu to do the processing? machine has only a basic matrox gpu (HP Microserver Gen8). I've not altered any default "produce & share" parameter, except changing the file type from mp4 to mov, to easily import it back into my icloud photo library.

Using the free version - as a side note, kind of annoying the big persistent logo/watermark, though; could it be made to auto dissapear after a while, or more transparent? Besides it's a really ugly logo, compared to the professional look of ACD systems logo
    Last edited by naa; 10-09-2020, 09:58 AM.

Hi naa,

Thank you for your feedback. It is not necessary that your computer has a dedicated GPU in order to produce videos in Luxea. Could you please help answer the following questions:

1. What are your computer specs?
    2. Is producing a project without LightEQ significantly faster?
    3. Does producing a project with a different video take the same amount of time?

In order to help speed up the time it takes to Produce a project, please try some of the following steps:

1. In the main menu, select Tools > Options. In the Options dialog, click Advanced from the left menu. If your computer supports it, enable Hardware Acceleration.
    2. Click Produce and Share. In the Production Assistant dialog, click Detailed Settings. In the Detailed Settings dialog, try lowering the video Bitrate or Frame Rate. Additionally, try to lower the audio Bitrate.

You may also find the following helpful, specifically the section on the Detailed Settings:
    https://help.acdsystems.com/en/acdse....htm#kanchor23

Thanks,

Dylan L.
    ACD Systems

Comment

>1. What are your computer specs?
      as I said: HP Microserver Gen8, cpu Xeon E3-1265L V2, 16Gb RAM, 500MB/s write rate 2TB SSD, gpu Matrox G200EH

>2. Is producing a project without LightEQ significantly faster?
      LightEQ is all I want from your app, nothing else - to brighten dark videos taken with my iPhone while at the same time not overexposing the bright areas in the clip.

>3. Does producing a project with a different video take the same amount of time?
      I used the defaults. Trying now with "medium" bitrate and it appears to be as slow as 30000kbps (the default. which by the way it does not offer me to preserve the original clip bitrate). The progress bar has no noticeable progress. It grew a bit at the beginning then progresses so slow that a human eye staring at it for one minute cannot tell it made any progress. Even zooming with Win+ (magnifier) which allows you to see the magnified screen with real time updates does not show any movement, so I assume this will take another couple of hours or more.

>1. In the main menu, select Tools > Options. In the Options dialog, click Advanced from the left menu. If your computer supports it, enable Hardware Acceleration.
      The checkbox is unchecked and greyed out. The description reading says "No hardware device detected"

>2. Click Produce and Share. In the Production Assistant dialog, click Detailed Settings. In the Detailed Settings dialog, try lowering the video Bitrate or Frame Rate. Additionally, try to lower the audio Bitrate.
      No. I want a video the same parameters as the original. My iPad air 3 processes the same clip in a couple of minutes when editing using the native Photos app and adjusting the shadows/highlights sliders.

>You may also find the following helpful, specifically the section on the Detailed Settings:
      >https://help.acdsystems.com/en/acdse....htm#kanchor23

I've read that before, no help.
      Last edited by naa; 10-10-2020, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X